Whats your setting? Share with us whatever you have!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Gameogre
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Whats your setting? Share with us whatever you have!

Post by Gameogre »

My DCCRPG game is over for now. Very shortly I will start over but this time I would like some cohesion. My last game lasted years but was very messy. I added on kingdoms and wilderness as I needed them and if my players had kept track of ANYTHING they would have realized that the scenery changed greatly at times. They did not notice a thing however, and sadly that depresses me.

This time I want to start with at least a rough setting and map worked out ahead of time. It will make me happy even if my players never notice. Seriously last time the party went from one kingdom to another like six times but on the seventh they had to cross over a mountain range that was only passable in late spring, and never noticed a change. A entire mountain range and wilderness instead of the roads and villages and not one word.

I'm thinking of just using Blackmoor but wanted to see what you guys had come up with. This is one thing every DM has had to figure out at least once so I figured we would have tons of ideas.

I'll dig through my notes and try to post one of the maps to my last game and it's Mobile Mountain Ranges.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Whats your setting? Share with us whatever you have!

Post by GnomeBoy »

Honestly, mobile mountain ranges makes my spidey sense twitch. I may have to implement that sometime.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I have made use of an adapted Anomalous Subsurface Environment while working on other things.

I have other PCs in the Portsmouth/Westlake region from the FT series.

I have other PCs in the region of the Barrowmaze and Stonehell.

Linkages between these settings exist.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
cjoepar
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by cjoepar »

Some of the settings I have used:

Fraeland. The different colored stars are cities in different kingdoms.
Fraeland2.jpg
Fraeland2.jpg (114.6 KiB) Viewed 10096 times
The area the party adventured in I created more detail:
Central_Fraeland2.jpg
Central_Fraeland2.jpg (70.2 KiB) Viewed 10096 times
I also ran another campaign using this map. Pretty basic, but I wasn't sure if the players were going to stick with it, so I didn't want to invest a lot of time:
Greyland2.jpg
Greyland2.jpg (116.77 KiB) Viewed 10096 times
Judge Perky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
FLGS: The Compleat Strategist

Post by Judge Perky »

Here's what I've been using. It ain't pretty, but it serves my purposes.

The characters started in Bitterweed Barrow (Nathan Pendlebrook's Perilous Pantry), and then headed up the Centre Way through the Barrier Hills along the river to Harveston (The Old God's Return). After that, it was farther north up to the Old Forest, wherein lay the Eldritch Oak (The Vile Worm) and then east to the Old Stone Mounds (The Portal Under the Stars).

After heading back south through the Ebon Wood to the big Village of Homm's Ford to sell and buy, they followed the Old West Road up to Hirot (Doom of the Savage Kings). Once they finished up there, they followed some primitive scouts over the Trollfang Mountains, fighting off snow apes, into the Forlorn North and to the Ghost Ice (Frozen in Time, Digest Edition) where they are now...
Attachments
Midderlands.jpg
Midderlands.jpg (755.43 KiB) Viewed 10071 times
*Jonathan*

“You should laugh every moment you live, for you'll find it decidedly difficult afterwards.” ― Joe Abercrombie, Best Served Cold

Return to “DCC RPG General”