I have failed you all.

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Gameogre
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

I have failed you all.

Post by Gameogre »

With great shame and despair I now shuffle before you a broken and failed DCCRPG Master. On this day let it be known that I Gameogre DCCRPG Master for the most devious and dastardly group of slayers now known as the Slayers Six, failed you all and let not one but three of those magnificent fools reach the 10th Level.

As if that shame was not enough, Though the rest of the party died horrible deaths beyond imagination, Two of them survived and killed the God Loki and became Demi-Gods in their own right.

It is with terrible dread and suffering that I come before you with this news.

I would only like to point out that I have slain hundreds if not thousands of them and although yes, these few managed to somehow against all odds, fall through the cracks, it was only last week that they had a full party wipe with over a dozen characters from 3-6th level, The backup team/army sent to bolster their main ranks.

Also remember I have been running DCCRPG for years now! Years I tell you! Years with nothing but character sheets littering the ground like the aftermath of tornadoes or even hurricanes!

I have had players cry! Once one even ran from the house burning his character sheet screaming "you shale not have him!". I used to keep a special binder with a list of every character death in the game in it! It was a HUGE binder! Until some dastardly thief stole it and actually buried in in the back yard!

I will not beg! I am a Titan of DCCRPG Death! My Stories all come from the Grave! My dice, like Deaths own Sickle! My Monsters, like the very Kraken itself!

I WILL NOT.....

bah, guess you can't win em all.

Grats to those magnificent bastards. I almost had them at the last minute to. If the ninth level Warrior had not sacrificed himself holding the door for the rest, they never would have made it.

At least now, we get to start it all over again.

It's Funnel time!
Gameogre
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: I have failed you all.

Post by Gameogre »

Oh and least you think this happened because I am soft, Loki was invulnerable to harm unless it was dealt by the Blood of Thor himself. It was four months ago that they passed into Deaths Realm and searched out Magni and discovered him chained to a mighty rock while being eaten alive by Hells Maggots(it's a long story).

They convinced Magni to help them(he hates mortals but hated Loki Far worse) so Magni had then rip out his still beating hearth and each one of them took a bite(I had something nasty cooked up in real life by the way that they each had to take a bit out of). This gave them the blood of Thor but each one of them spent one night chained to that rock in Magni's stead and lost a level due to the torture.

Also Loki is reborn each night at midnight so they had to lure him to a world without night. This in itself was the result of a major undertaking requiring many many adventures.

Loki isn't even a God from their world! The animosity resulted from a brief disagreement while they were visiting the Courts of Chaos when Loki might have stolen their lovers hearts(the ritual required them to place their loves heart as collateral for their good behavior, not heart as in beating heart but the very Love each of their wives and lovers had for the heroes).

Boy tell me THAT didn't strike a Nerve!
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Damn. All is lost.

Unless, of course, you had FUN while all this surviving was going on...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

I feel your pain. While I haven't allowed DCC characters to reach level 10, I've had similar issues with my 5E players in my weekly game at the game store. Each week I think "this is finally the week that they die" but somehow they pull a miracle out of their hindquarters and live to fight another day.

So sad. :wink:
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Weisenwolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Weisenwolf »

Tragic :(

Still everyone makes mistakes; just don't let it happen again :evil:

Repeat the mantra TPK, TPK, TPK......... :twisted: