Can anyone suggest a module to me based on this criteria?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

teknologik
Ill-Fated Peasant

Can anyone suggest a module to me based on this criteria?

Post by teknologik »

I am running a 1 shot soon with about 5-6 players. Two of those players have never played DCC before, the others love it and know the game. I am looking for a fun level 0 adventure. My regular players have played Starless Sea, Pit People and are going through Frozen in Time, so I can't run those. I really loved Starless Sea.

There are a lot of really great looking unofficial level 0 adventures out there, but I have one more stipulation that is causing a lot of trouble for me.

It needs to be a 1 shot, that I can run in about 6-7 hours. I'll have characters pre-rolled etc, so that should help. I'm at a loss as a lot of reviews don't mention play time.

So in short.

- Can't be Starless Sea, Frozen in Time or Pit People
- Has to be a Level 0 Adventure
- Has to be a one shot
- Has to be good, lol

Any Ideas?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Can anyone suggest a module to me based on this criteria

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Prince Charming, Reanimator, is available as "Pay What You Want" on RPG Now. I wrote it, and it has gotten good reviews. The price is most certainly right!

Jon Marr's Perils of the Sunken City should be playable within your time frame, and is a lot of fun. Also available on RPG Now.

See also: http://ravencrowking.blogspot.ca/2013/1 ... nnels.html
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

I'll second RC's suggestions & call me Mr. Obvious but I'll add Portal Under The Stars.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Rick wrote:I'll second RC's suggestions & call me Mr. Obvious but I'll add Portal Under The Stars.
I figured most people had played Portal by now, but it is definitely fun, Mr. Obvious.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Richie
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Richie »

I ran PCR for a small group last night. We had a blast. There's quite a bit of loot in there. They missed a little of it. But we played the whole thing in about a five hour session. Nice work Mr.Crowking :D
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

teknologik wrote:I am running a 1 shot soon with about 5-6 players. Two of those players have never played DCC before, the others love it and know the game. I am looking for a fun level 0 adventure. My regular players have played Starless Sea, Pit People and are going through Frozen in Time, so I can't run those. I really loved Starless Sea.

There are a lot of really great looking unofficial level 0 adventures out there, but I have one more stipulation that is causing a lot of trouble for me.

It needs to be a 1 shot, that I can run in about 6-7 hours. I'll have characters pre-rolled etc, so that should help. I'm at a loss as a lot of reviews don't mention play time.

So in short.

- Can't be Starless Sea, Frozen in Time or Pit People
- Has to be a Level 0 Adventure
- Has to be a one shot
- Has to be good, lol

Any Ideas?
Price is also right for Doom of the Savage Kings, the first 0-level adventure for DCC (included with pre-orders of the Core Book. Easily as good as Starless Sea. And it's FREE.

But, I also concur with previous suggestions. Prince Charming is great. Perils of the Sunken City is iconic (Jon also has two others, both 0-level adventures). Attack of the Frawgs might fit your criteria. There's also Appendix N Adventures (Brave Halfling). Ruins of Ramat is a good one-shot.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

IME, the play time for Doom of the Savage Kings was over 6-7 hours. This is not a criticism, but a bonus, except when you are trying to fit within a certain window.

If Frozen in Time hadn't been on the "can't be" list, I would have included it in my recommends. Actually, Mr. Curtis' The Old God's Return is another possibility.
SoBH pbp:

Return to “DCC RPG General”