New Zealand retailers?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

darjr
Wild-Eyed Zealot

New Zealand retailers?

Post by darjr »

An acquaintance asked about DCC retailers in New Zealand. What ones do folks know about here?

I pointed him at the rpgnow sale and after reading the PDF he decided he needed it in hard cover.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread ... -this-game!
Zardnaar
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: New Zealand retailers?

Post by Zardnaar »

That was myself;). Amazon has it cheap but the postage could be the same price as the book so IDK. I started the what is DCC thread a while back as well, thanks for the heads up.
Machpants
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Machpants »

If, big if, you have $125 to order it is free shipping to NZ. So I now buy in large lumps (about 5 or 6 RPG books at a time)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/ ... =201214790

Oh for the good old days of free shipping for orders over 10 Pounds from amazon.co.uk :(
LAST OF THE F3W
Gloria Finis
Zardnaar
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Zardnaar »

I can go to $125 and I used to buy 5 or 6 books at once to hit that mark. DCC, Castles and Crusades core boks, ACKs if I can get it, some adventures/novels.....

NZ dollar is crazy good right now vs the USD.

Lol Amazon won't ship DCC here, maybe my order was overweight? Ordered a pile of Castles and Crusades no luck with ACKs and DCC dammit.
Machpants
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Machpants »

Damn that sucks, I have an order of the 2 DDNext mods, latest 2 PFRPG hardcovers and The One Ring latest all OK

EDIT: Ah I can see why "Sold by Planet Comics and Fulfilled by Amazon. " It is coming from a third party store, not Amazon. So no free shipping. Ask Joseph to get DCC into Amazon warehouses, while your at it ask Tavis to get ACKS there too ;) (though I think ACKS is still waiting on the second printing as the first has sold out).

Come to think of it that would be great, I could order a huge pile of the modules at once and not have to pay the huge shipping that GG has to charge.
LAST OF THE F3W
Gloria Finis
Zardnaar
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Zardnaar »

Machpants wrote:Damn that sucks, I have an order of the 2 DDNext mods, latest 2 PFRPG hardcovers and The One Ring latest all OK

EDIT: Ah I can see why "Sold by Planet Comics and Fulfilled by Amazon. " It is coming from a third party store, not Amazon. So no free shipping. Ask Joseph to get DCC into Amazon warehouses, while your at it ask Tavis to get ACKS there too ;) (though I think ACKS is still waiting on the second printing as the first has sold out).

Come to think of it that would be great, I could order a huge pile of the modules at once and not have to pay the huge shipping that GG has to charge.
Ah I wondered why that was. I want to get ACKs, DCC, and the OD&D boxed set but I don't think they will reprint that.
Machpants
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Machpants »

My OD&D box set from bookdepository.com arrived today, $138NZ delivered.

EDIT: bugger showing unavailable now, sorry.
LAST OF THE F3W
Gloria Finis
Zardnaar
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Zardnaar »

Machpants are you in NZ as well? If so what part if you do not mind me asking?
Machpants
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Machpants »

I'm in the Wairarapa
LAST OF THE F3W
Gloria Finis
Zardnaar
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Zardnaar »

Machpants wrote:I'm in the Wairarapa
Dunedin here. Much in the way of D&D/OSR players up there?
Machpants
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Machpants »

Zardnaar wrote:
Machpants wrote:I'm in the Wairarapa
Dunedin here. Much in the way of D&D/OSR players up there?
Apart from my kids? Nope
LAST OF THE F3W
Gloria Finis
Richie
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Richie »

I'm in Australia and amazon won't send Rpg books here either. My understanding is its a classification issue not a weight issue. RPGs are considered by them to be "games and toys" which they won't send here - I don't know why... Some sort of tarrif/import thing?? No idea but maybe similar restrictions apply to NZ?
Machpants
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Machpants »

No restriction, I get heaps of RPG books sent here. But as I said the free shipping on orders to NZ over 125US only applies to books sent from Amazon's warehouses, not those sold on Amazon by associated sellers. I could order the DCC RPG Core book but it would cost a bomb shipping.
LAST OF THE F3W
Gloria Finis

Return to “DCC RPG General”