Tales of the Fallen Empire and DCC campaign setting...

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Tales of the Fallen Empire and DCC campaign setting...

Post by MrHemlocks »

I am blow away! I have my PDF, waiting for the print version, of Tales of the Fallen Empire and very impressed with the campaign setting. It goes into detail from the creation story through modern age (3rd age). The campaign map is well done along with the various cities. Than I ask myself...why has not DCC made a campaign setting yet? Been two years and still nothing. If Chapter 13 Press can pull it off than so can Goodman Games. I mean come on, all the published adventures already have names and locations of places within them. Just give us a large campaign map to go with the adventures.

No... DCC #35: Gazetteer of the Known Realms and Castle Whiterock do not count. Too much D&D stuff in them. They need redone or tossed out.

A published campaign setting will solidify the game. You did it for D&D now it is DCC turn :?:
hughnme
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Tales of the Fallen Empire and DCC campaign setting...

Post by hughnme »

I'm very impressed as well,I bought the setting after the Spellburn lads mentioned it on one of their podcasts,I've managed to have a quick flick through the book.

I think there is probably little need for Goodman Games to release their own setting stuff when Chapter 13 Press is producing awesome stuff like this
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

MrHemlocks wrote:I am blow away!
Me too. The quality of the product is superb, on par with Goodman Games products. Well done.
MrHemlocks wrote:It goes into detail from the creation story through modern age (3rd age).
Bah, if there's a game in the 13th age, why do I want to play one which is only in the 3rd? :D
MrHemlocks wrote:The campaign map is well done along with the various cities. Than I ask myself...why has not DCC made a campaign setting yet?

TotFE is not the campaign we deserved, but the one that we needed... Just kidding, we totally needed this.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

I gave it a quick look and so far it is excellent. I am importing the thief and warrior for sure to this setting.
ravenspoe
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ravenspoe »

Thanks for the kind words :D
We sent the proofs to the printers and physical copies will become available by mid February. THe KS backers will come first and then I will make sure that others can pick it up.

There will be a new character class "The Amazon" out there soon as well as a new adventure.

Thanks again for picking up the product. We are proud of the work.
If you are going to be at TotalCon or GaryCon you can sign up for the playtest of the new adventure that will be a huge clue to the origins of the Atevans.
Rev. James Carpio - Freelance Writer & Game Designer
Sole Proprietor - Chapter 13 Press
http://www.Hexgeneration.com Post Punk and OSR Gaming from the Generation X point of view.
NJPDX
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by NJPDX »

Any idea on when or where this fine product might be available in print? I was late to the party and missed the kickstarter, but after picking up the pdf a short while ago, this is definitely something I'd like to be able to hold in my hands.

In any case, awesome setting book.
ctaylor
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ctaylor »

I'd also like to know if the printed judge's screen will be available to go along with the book?

Return to “DCC RPG General”