Frost Giant Jarl

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

mntnjeff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Frost Giant Jarl

Post by mntnjeff »

Hello all, it's been awhile since I've been active here on the forums, but I thought I'd see if any of you could give me a hand w/ something I'm cooking up. The gist of it is this: A bunch of my Colorado friends (anywhere between 7 - 15) and I get together around the holidays for a day of gaming. Generally it's a one-shot adventure. Last year I ran Steading of the Hill Giant Chief w/ the original AD&D rules, and they walked through it. This year will be The Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl.

These guys are all old hats at gaming (most started gaming in the 70's and early 80's). This year I'm thinking of doing something different. Instead of running it w/ the standard AD&D rules (as I had last year), I thought that I'd give the DCC RPG rules a shot for something like this. I just love the random nature that the rules impart on the game. Which I personally believe is perfect for this type of gathering. And to be honest, while smashing giants is fun, I think that I need to spice it up a tad. So bring on DCC RPG!

Anyway, enough of the intro. My questions are still in the nascent stage, but here goes.
--Giants are absolutely ferocious in DCC RPG. And the old module has a boat load of them in there... I just don't have much of an idea regarding required character levels.
--While there are some pretty neat monsters in the original module, anyone have any suggestions for mixing things up a bit?

That's it for now... I'm sure I'll come up w/ many more as the day approaches. Thanks so much for the help!
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Re: Frost Giant Jarl

Post by Rick »

DCC#72 Beyond The Black Gate should be extremely useful.

With it I'd think converting G2 would be a breeze, plus it is rife with new material to spice things up.

Return to “DCC RPG General”