Any reporting from GenCon?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Any reporting from GenCon?

Post by GnomeBoy »

aquabob79 wrote:Friends,

At GenCon I purchased the last [nearly] complete set of Crawl! 'Zines as well as a bunch of other goodies from the Goodman Games table. I was told that the one Crawl! issue that was sold out (#7) would be sent to me after the show, as I paid for the whole set. I also rolled to get my name into a future DCC RPG product (or something like that), which is sweet as my name is Leopold and that kinda inspires terror anyway.

The only trick now is following up with Harley. I have been a longtime lurker on these boards, but I just registered and posted my first post to address this situation. Can someone (preferably Harley) send me a PM so we can follow up on these fronts. I would message him, but the system may still believe me a robot and, as such, I cannot yet send messages.

Peace,
Bob "Not-Yet-A-Robot" Leopold
Leopold Rules!
Yeah, I believe you have to have posted three times to get full access -- which weeds out a LOT of spam.

I don't know what the arrangement was with the Crawl! mags, but Crawl! is not a Goodman Games product, and you may need to follow that up with the source (http://crawlfanzine.blogspot.com/).

And it might be best for you to jabber away in one thread here or another until you level up enough to send a PM to Harley from YOU. Not to be unhelpful, but multiple layers on that convo could easily lead to a fumble check ("Hey, Harley, I'm writing to you about that guy you met at GenCon... No, I don't know what he looked like, um..."). I mean, if you can't PM anyone, how're we to know you got our PM about PMing Harley for you...? 8)

And, Welcome. :mrgreen:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Any reporting from GenCon?

Post by Harley Stroh »

aquabob79 wrote:Friends,

At GenCon I purchased the last [nearly] complete set of Crawl! 'Zines as well as a bunch of other goodies from the Goodman Games table. I was told that the one Crawl! issue that was sold out (#7) would be sent to me after the show, as I paid for the whole set. I also rolled to get my name into a future DCC RPG product (or something like that), which is sweet as my name is Leopold and that kinda inspires terror anyway.

The only trick now is following up with Harley. I have been a longtime lurker on these boards, but I just registered and posted my first post to address this situation. Can someone (preferably Harley) send me a PM so we can follow up on these fronts. I would message him, but the system may still believe me a robot and, as such, I cannot yet send messages.

Peace,
Bob "Not-Yet-A-Robot" Leopold
Leopold Rules!
Leopold!

Harley, here. I'll send you a PM right now.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.

Return to “DCC RPG General”