Beyond the wall DCC mash up

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Blackrazor
Ill-Fated Peasant

Beyond the wall DCC mash up

Post by Blackrazor »

The OSR rpg entitled Beyond the Wall offers a really nifty character generation system that creates a party of adventures, complete with their home town, NPCs, linked backstories, skills/spells and gear.

I am not adverse to the random Occupation charts in DCC, but this system when tweaked could really bring to life the group of neophye dungeon heroes, why they started, what they know, who they know.

Brett Slocum aka Mr.Tekumel jr. and friends are currently blogging on their Beyond the Wall campaign experience.

Maybe a creative member of the community could blend the BtW and DCC character gen systems into a vibrant/useful system.

Just a thought.
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Beyond the wall DCC mash up

Post by Skars »

...I'm hoping your next post will be announcing your having accepted the challenge! :D Sounds really cool.
Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Skyscraper »

Skars wrote:...I'm hoping your next post will be announcing your having accepted the challenge! :D Sounds really cool.
+1 :)
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
catseye yellow
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by catseye yellow »

i would love to see it but it seems to me that this system is completely opposite to the funnel.
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

Transylvanian Adventures will include optional character creation tables that help add some life to a newly minted character. They aren't handing off bonuses and such, so much as helping to give a player some ideas for playing that character.

TATG won't have a chart outlining how characters know the other characters or are linked to the adventure, although something like that exists in the Intro Adventure (The Winter Home) -- pardon the shameless plug.

I'd guess I could pull together a table which might help generate some ideas as to why a character would be interested in monster hunting and whatnot. Maybe I will.

And, to clarify, all these tables are optional and at the back of the Character Creation chapter -- which details some minor differences between 0-Level characters in TATG and DCC RPG. The majority of which is just a new Occupations chart.

S.

Return to “DCC RPG General”