Toronto Area Events

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Toronto Area Events

Post by Raven_Crowking »

http://ravencrowking.blogspot.ca/2013/0 ... games.html

I will be running Harley Stroh's excellent Sailors on the Starless Sea on 9 June 2013 at The Wizard's Cache, starting at 1 pm. All necessary materials will be provided. This will be the first of several events, wherein surviving characters can continue to grow and prosper (or die horribly). Future games will include a mixture of new material, converted material, DCC modules, and material wherein participants can gain playtest credits! 333 Bloor Street West, phone 647-748-3433.

Wizard's Cache has just negotiated a serious expansion at its current location, so this is also a "Grand Reopening" of the store!

I will be running The Imperishable Sorceress sponsored by Hairy Tarantula North on Free RPG Day, June 15th 2013. This is a 1st level module for Dungeon Crawl Classics; all necessary materials will be provided. Location of this event is TBA, and may be either at the store location (6979 Yonge Street, phone 647-430-1263) or at a gaming event at George Brown University. I will update as soon as a final decision has been reached by the game store.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Toronto Area Events

Post by Raven_Crowking »

SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

This Saturday, 6 July 2013, at the Wizard's Cache (333 Bloor St. West, near the St. George subway station), I will be running The Bone Hoard of the Dancing Horror. Second level pregens will be supplied.

Game starts at 1:00 pm

Hope to see you there!

http://ravencrowking.blogspot.ca/2013/0 ... -date.html
SoBH pbp:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

SoBH pbp:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

http://ravencrowking.blogspot.ca/2013/0 ... cache.html

Most recent event, and mention of the upcoming Frozen in Time session.
SoBH pbp:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

World Tour events for Toronto 10th and 16th are now posted on my blog.

http://ravencrowking.blogspot.ca/2013/0 ... -date.html
http://ravencrowking.blogspot.ca/2013/0 ... i-con.html

These will be the sixth and seventh Toronto area events I've set up. Please come out and join us!
SoBH pbp:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Just got back from running Greg Gillespie's Barrowmaze at The Wizard's Cache in Toronto. Because of its nature, Barrowmaze can be run for characters with a wide range of levels, but I ended up running it as a 0-level funnel today. Nobody completely ran out of characters, although it was "Let's go back to town to heal and recruit!" time soon enough. The game ended with five newly minted level 1 characters, which was great. Some of these characters will, I hope, make their re-appearance next Friday for Frozen in Time.
Last edited by Raven_Crowking on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoBH pbp:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Oh, and I snagged Stonehell from Lulu. That Michael Curtis is sooooo wrong when he says, on Spellburn, that it is not suitable for DCC. A few tweaks here and there, and my players will be able to learn to fear those dank stone passages as well......

IMHO, persistent locations like Stonehell, Barrowmaze, and Moria are an important counterpoint to more ephemeral adventure sites, like the Pit of the People or the Starless Sea.
SoBH pbp:

Return to “DCC RPG General”