Pathfinder Society...We need a DCC Society

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Pathfinder Society...We need a DCC Society

Post by MrHemlocks »

What would really draw players into DCC...A living world! We need a DCC Society. We can call it the The Living World of Dungeon Crawl Classics. I suggest we do not us Aereth campaign setting...too much D&D stuff attached to it. We could us a better system free, for the most part, setting like Blackmarsh. it is free (pdf) or only $7.00 for a print copy.

Heck even less popular games like Witch Hunter has their own living world. Just an idea...
http://www.darkprovidence.net/
http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety
http://community.wizards.com/lfr
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Pathfinder Society...We need a DCC Society

Post by Ogrepuppy »

I, personally, don't feel a need for a Society....but I can say that I'd be very disappointed if it didn't feature Aereth.

Aereth is a huge draw for me, and I would not join said Society if Aereth wasn't the setting.

But, y'know, that's just me.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

How about a multiversal society, where everyone runs games in the settings he wishes, and players are free to join to whichever Judge's games they want whenever they want? Imagine it: an altanian barbarian, a transylvanian vampire hunter, an elf from aereth and a snake man walk into a bar in Shanthopal.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Ravenheart87 wrote:an altanian barbarian, a transylvanian vampire hunter, an elf from aereth and a snake man walk into a bar in Shanthopal.
I've heard that one. :lol:
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

It would be neat to have a DCC society with laminated ID card, DCC t-shirts, and maybe a newsletter or something like that. Maybe that would help bring more folks into the DCC realm.

As to a "living DCC", it's a nice idea but I fear it would take a lot of coordination. I could see Aereth as a common setting, or perhaps something new that would represent DCC instead of d20.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

I dunno, I guess I feel like DCC steps above and beyond the living realms of other societies. I could see maybe a common dream realm :D
Amanchanamun
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Amanchanamun »

ı am ready to be a possible lietuenant in Turkey.
:P
Thorynn
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Thorynn »

I mentioned this in the Road Crew thread, but I would like to see at least session reporting like Pathfinder Society. The "living" campaign aspects of organized play never really did much for me, but having a way to report sessions, and swap "war stories" from running the same adventures with different parties is generally the best part of organized play, for me anyway.

Return to “DCC RPG General”