Tales from the Road: My Road Crew experience thus far

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Re: Tales from the Road: My Road Crew experience thus far

Post by Rick »

Wizard Van! The 2014 World Tour Kickstarter is live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... -tour-2014
Send DCC RPG on a 2014 World Tour! Fund swag, travel, and games across the known universe, including the epic Wizard Van!

Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game (DCC RPG) is a tabletop RPG that combines an old-school aesthetic with modern rules. Less than two years after launch, it is in its third printing and exploding in popularity.

In 2013, Goodman Games launched the DCC World Tour. The DCC RPG creative team ran games at cons around the country, and fans were given free swag to support events at local stores and cons. The swag included mechanical pencils, buttons, bookmarks, and badge ribbons – free for any game run at a store, con, school, or other public place! Judges who ran multiple games continued to rack up prizes: a T-shirt at 3 games, an iron-on at 5 games, a brass belt buckle at 7 games, and a super-secret prize at 9 games.

Now it’s 2014, and Goodman Games is running this Kickstarter to expand the World Tour program. This Kickstarter adds new swag items: more buttons, stickers, patches, paper pads, spiral notebooks, graph paper, sticky pads, shot glasses, posters, beer cozies, trucker caps, another T-shirt, another brass belt buckle, and even custom folding chairs and 5’ tall character cutouts. We’re offering stretch goals that include bumper stickers, pads of character sheets, and – hold on to your moustache – a 2’x3’ blacklight-sensitive velvet poster of the DCC RPG logo. And with sufficient funding, the Band will attend local cons for solo performances, or potentially show up to run a game at your house. Rock on!

Why pay for swag when it was free last year? First, if this Kickstarter funds, the swag will still be free for events run as part of the World Tour. A small contribution up front for this Kickstarter can get you free swag when you run games for the rest of the year. Second, this Kickstarter will get you swag if you’re not part of the World Tour. Some gamers aren’t able to run games at stores or cons, for a variety of reasons, and this is their chance to grab some swag. Third, the best items in the World Tour are reserved for the judges who run awesome events for us. This Kickstarter also allows an option for players to pick up some of the same swag.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Tales from the Road: My Road Crew experience thus far

Post by goodmangames »

Hi everyone,

For those who have run a lot of Road Crew games in 2013 / 2014: For this year's Gen Con Program Guide, I would love to include some fun stories from those Road Crew games. If you're interested, please send me a short description of your most enjoyable games. Fun sessions, crazy dice rolls, amazing player feats (or fumbles), new friends made, great game stores discovered, etc. Generally try to keep the word count under 200 words, and please send to me by June 30 to be considered. Photos are also encouraged! Thanks.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DCC RPG General”