Matching DCC-appropriate Dice Sets Possible!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

impactminiatures
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Matching DCC-appropriate Dice Sets Possible!

Post by impactminiatures »

We always try to listen to customer requests.

The biggest hurdle with this request is that just the steel moulds for 1-5 D10s and 1-7 D14s will cost me $3,400 more to make then D5 and D7s.

So just want to be clear that if we don't make them it was purely financial.

Now on to trying to help the customer out with what they would like. I'm turning in the quote request for making full DCC sets on Tuesday to the manufacturer so we can find out what our funding goal needs to be for the KickStarter along with 6 planned stretch goals. I will insert a request for a quote to have one of the stretch goals be to create 1-5 D10s and 1-7 D14s. It will not be an inexpensive stretch goal (probably need at least and extra $5000 with the moulds, castings and extra shipping to create them). But I will ask for a quote and I will make sure to have it as a possible stretch goal for the project.

If we fund the project but do not reach that stretch goal ... I could possibly have a future project to just try to create those two dice.

Tom @ Impact!
Vile
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Vile »

I don't mind the weird shapes so much, but has anyone thought of using the regular polyhedrons to make some of these? The d2 and d3 are obvious (a d6 numbered 1-2 three times or 1-3 twice), but a d5 as a d20 numbered 1-5 four times, a d7 as a d8 with one blank face, etc.?

I will be in on this Kickstarter regardless, it's just a thought.
impactminiatures
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Vile wrote:I don't mind the weird shapes so much, but has anyone thought of using the regular polyhedrons to make some of these? The d2 and d3 are obvious (a d6 numbered 1-2 three times or 1-3 twice), but a d5 as a d20 numbered 1-5 four times, a d7 as a d8 with one blank face, etc.?

I will be in on this Kickstarter regardless, it's just a thought.
For me as a manufacturer ... the D10 is less expensive to produce as a D5 than the D20 would be. Also as a lifetime gamer and someone who is no longer young ... I personally would not like a die that I had to re-roll 1 in 8 times ... that's just my personal preference. Especially not when our D14 is a really balanced die that rolls well and could be used for the purpose.
DM Cojo
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by DM Cojo »

impactminiatures wrote:We always try to listen to customer requests.

I will insert a request for a quote to have one of the stretch goals be to create 1-5 D10s and 1-7 D14s. It will not be an inexpensive stretch goal (probably need at least and extra $5000 with the moulds, castings and extra shipping to create them). But I will ask for a quote and I will make sure to have it as a possible stretch goal for the project.

If we fund the project but do not reach that stretch goal ... I could possibly have a future project to just try to create those two dice.

Tom @ Impact!
Sounds great, thanks!
bigironvault
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by bigironvault »

Hey all I'm REALLY KEEN on these dice for my group and I'm sure I can get them to buy into it too. (9 of them). Let me know.
Arijuna
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Arijuna »

This is great news. :) I will set aside some $ for the Kickstarter. I hope to see some interesting color choices.
Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Skyscraper »

I've just jumped into the kickstarter. It appears like it already has enough backers so this project will lift! Cool!
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
impactminiatures
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Yes we have enough money that we will definitely be making the sets. Right now we are trying to see how many different colors we'll be able to make them in so every pledge is a big help to maximizing the options to choose from.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

I keep hemming and hawing over exactly what I want to jump in for...

Plus, I'm interested in color options that haven't become part of the offerings -- yet.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

So... Being new to this kind of thing, how does it work now that the targets have been reached? It takes some time to get things into gear? When do we order specific colors or types of dice according to our initial purchase?
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Skyscraper wrote:So... Being new to this kind of thing, how does it work now that the targets have been reached? It takes some time to get things into gear? When do we order specific colors or types of dice according to our initial purchase?
At some point they should issue a survey to all backers - then we let them know which colors and options we're wanting...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

Skyscraper wrote:So... Being new to this kind of thing, how does it work now that the targets have been reached? It takes some time to get things into gear? When do we order specific colors or types of dice according to our initial purchase?
For reference, on their last dice Kickstarter, the project successfully funded in late August '12, the fulfillment survey was sent out in late January '13, & it shipped on time in May '13.
Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Thanks for the info guys!

Return to “DCC RPG General”