No Skyrim for me,instead more DCC RPG!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Gameogre
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

No Skyrim for me,instead more DCC RPG!

Post by Gameogre »

So I have been eying Skyrim for the past month or so. It looks right up my ally but last time I played it on my sons X-Box it didn't hold my interest for long. I went to the store today to buy it and couldn't make the sale to myself.

Instead I went home and bought DCC RPG Hardback and a Pound of Zocchi - Assorted GameScience Dice! A friggin POUND of DCCRPG Dice!

So come next week I can put away my DCC RPG PDF as well as the printed out binders! I can sling Zocchi dice at the head of anyone complaining about not having the dice to play it!

Now I'm broke for another month. All my free spending money spent.

Unless I can swipe enough money to by that Crawl bundle I say on rpg now. Hmm who needs lunch?
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: No Skyrim for me,instead more DCC RPG!

Post by Skars »

Peanut butter and Jelly ahoy matey or maybe top ramen? Those Crawl! issues are worth the hunger pains!
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Good choice Gameogre. Here's an article about what is my problem with Skyrim, which I got bored of quickly:
http://thebaneofqueequeg.blogspot.co.uk ... kyrim.html
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

A pound of dice?? Do you have a link to a decent DCC RPG dice set?
Thanks!
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Gameogre
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Gameogre »

Don't know how decent they are yet. Uninked to boot as well as costing $50 but it is a POUND of Zocchi dice!

http://www.amazon.com/Pound-Zocchi-Asso ... ice+Zocchi
Gameogre
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Gameogre »

My groups major hangup for DCC RPG was the dice. Not one player bought any dice for it...hated to use work a rounds and complained none stop about it. So $50 to shut them up and get to play my favorite rpg is small price to pay. Even if I am pretty much broke for the next 30 days.
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

You're going to be disappointed with those dice, bro. As I understand it (haven't purchased myself but have read of others), they're "Zocchi" only in the sense that they're made by gamescience, don't think they are the nonstandard polyhedrals. Sorry!

You really only need a d14, d16, d24, and d30. And, for starting out, you can probably get by with d24/d30 only... the d7, d14/d16 can both be roughly simulated with a d8, d3/d5 can be simulated with a d6.

But the funky dice are really cool to have, IMO.
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

I'm interested to find out if the pound of Zocchi ends up being the special extended set of dice or not and just "reward" your whiny players with using the next size "normal" polyhedron dice down the chain when they don't have their own dice or won't use a workaround ;)
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Gameogre wrote:So I have been eying Skyrim for the past month or so. It looks right up my ally but last time I played it on my sons X-Box it didn't hold my interest for long. I went to the store today to buy it and couldn't make the sale to myself.
Not to derail the thread, but....it's still a pretty cool game if your PC and video card can handle it.

Skyrim came in handy during those nights when I had a D&D itch but no group to game with. And some of the Steam Workshop mods can help alleviate the "vanilla Skyrim woes".
Gameogre
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Gameogre »

Well the dice are indeed not what I need and at $55 for a pound not THAT great a deal. So I canceled my order but who knows if it will go through in time. I will just return it if it does but will be out the $55 in the meantime so no real sets of dice till the mess is figured out.

Once again the damn dice are the issue!
Last edited by Gameogre on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

Gameogre wrote:Well the dice are indeed not what I need and at $55 for a pound not THAT great a deal. So I canceled my order but who knows if it will go through in time. I will just return it if it does but will be out the $55 in the meantime so no real sets of dice till the mess is figured out.

One again the damn dice are the issue!
I get my Gamescience dice from these guys: http://www.thediceshoponline.com/
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

I just ordered mine from Amazon. I think it was about $18 for a set of d3/d5/d7/d14/d16/d24/d30. Something around there. Really you can get by with probably a bunch of d3s (I like the 6 sided ones best), a d14, two d16s, a d24, and a d30. On the off chance that you need a d5 for something, you can just use a d10. Or buy a blank d10 and put numbers on it (I did this too).
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

really all you need is a d7. The rest can be done with combinations of "standard" polyhedron dice and a d6. Anyone that complains about having to roll two dice to get a result gets to use the real 100 sided golfball, I mean dice ;), next time they roll percentile.
Gameogre
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Gameogre »

The DCC RPG book is here! The Dice as well,have not opened the dice box yet.

The Book is GREAT!!

Return to “DCC RPG General”