XP Average ?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Sir Robilar
Far-Sighted Wanderer

XP Average ?

Post by Sir Robilar »

Just interested to know what the XP average is in your campaigns. I calculated the XP I gave out for the last 11 sessions and came out with 4.54 XP per character per session on average, slightly less than I had expected.
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: XP Average ?

Post by Skars »

How many encounters do you generally have per session and how long do you tend to play?
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Sir Robilar wrote:Just interested to know what the XP average is in your campaigns. I calculated the XP I gave out for the last 11 sessions and came out with 4.54 XP per character per session on average, slightly less than I had expected.
All my players that survived the 0 level funnel were rewarded with 10 experiance. I am planning to DM a 1st level game this, or next, weekend and after reading the adventure it averages out to be about 15 experiance per character. Remember experiance is gained not only for killing monsters but for dodging traps, evading enemy, and even good role playing... :P

Levels advancement in DCC is slow and that is what I like. In DCC when a character gains something he really earns it!
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by TheNobleDrake »

My group tends to get around 6 XP per session on average, we tend to either get a lot of things done or just a couple that are pretty tough... depends on how many of the 9 players show up.

A couple sessions ago 4 of them showed up and took on a pair of adult dragons at 1st level - got one dead and the other fleeing to protect young, I was pretty impressed.
Sir Robilar
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Sir Robilar »

Skars wrote:How many encounters do you generally have per session and how long do you tend to play?
One session is about four hours and our average is 3.5 encounters per session.
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

I probably tend to average about 5-6 XP / session, and we have about 3-4 encounters for around 3 hours. We've been playing since... July? I think ... and the highest XP characters have something in the 60s or 70s range, so closing in on level 3. Maybe another couple of months and they'll hit it (assuming they live).
oncelor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by oncelor »

We've been playing nearly weekly since last May. Characters are just hitting 4th level. Sessions last from 3-5 hours. Average XP is probably a little less than 10 XP per session, 8 or 9 XP on average perhaps. We had one 12 point and one 15 point session, both of which were memorable for the level of danger and number of PCs slain, but those were abnormally high. I try to plan a pace of five encounters per session.

The cleric in the party is almost 40 XP behind everyone else because of the divine disapproval result "no XP awarded for the day." He's only rolled this twice, but sadly for him the "days" each encompassed several sessions.

Return to “DCC RPG General”