That's a cool T-shirt

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: That's a cool T-shirt

Post by Skars »

Doug Kovacs wrote:
Skars wrote:
Doug Kovacs wrote:What could this be for?
What were you listening to at the time?

It could have been a few things.

The answer most analogous to DCC RPG would be the new album from "The Sword"

Some early Genesis, Fairport Convention and even Lynyrd Skynyrd are all on the playlist I've been listening to lately.

Then again, it could have just as easily been : Rammstein, KMFDM, or Propagandhi, ...... I often wear those headphones all day long and it's hard to stay in the 70's or pseudo 70's the whole time.

Bahaha nice, I was listening to Apocryphon when I posted that and thought, "Nah, couldn't be" I love that they gave me a free cassette with my LP purchase :P
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

...and the shirts are live!

http://www.goodman-games.com/dccshirt.html
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

I like the idea of a DCC tshirt but I'm disappointed that the sizes only go up to XL. I'm sure I'm not the only old school gamer who's a big guy & an XXL shirt would have been very cool.I hope Goodman Games reconsider & cater for those of us who need a bit more cloth.
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by TheNobleDrake »

Crimsontree wrote:I like the idea of a DCC tshirt but I'm disappointed that the sizes only go up to XL. I'm sure I'm not the only old school gamer who's a big guy & an XXL shirt would have been very cool.I hope Goodman Games reconsider & cater for those of us who need a bit more cloth.
It might be a limitation of the company printing the shirts, rather than the choice of Goodman Games.

Related, however, is my question for those that have worn/seen the DCC shirt: Compared to other t-shirts that you have worn, how long is it?

I ask because my size of shirt is technically an extra-large tall, but some brands of t-shirts an XL is long enough to fit right.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Crimsontree wrote:I like the idea of a DCC tshirt but I'm disappointed that the sizes only go up to XL. I'm sure I'm not the only old school gamer who's a big guy & an XXL shirt would have been very cool.I hope Goodman Games reconsider & cater for those of us who need a bit more cloth.
Yeah, I would prefer to offer larger sizes, too. However, I couldn't find a manufacturer who made that style of shirt in XXL or larger. That's why I added the iron-on transfer option. :)

If anybody does come across a source of those vintage-style shirts in XXL or larger sizes, let me know...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Ancalagon
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ancalagon »

White is cool for the body of the shirt for the DCC image to pop but since I'm a fan of darker colors, the red for sleeves and collar is a turn off. Any chance in the future of other options such as hunter green, navy blue, or maybe a "deluxe print" using black sleeves with the DCC logo changed to gold?

Thanks!
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Everybody has a preference on clothing -- even some of the "luminaries" already photographed in this thread wanted different options -- so it's hard to find a "perfect fit" for everyone. This style is the starting point. If fans buy a lot of these shirts, there will definitely be more options in the future! If nobody buys the first shirt, well, then there won't be other options. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

goodmangames wrote:
If anybody does come across a source of those vintage-style shirts in XXL or larger sizes, let me know...
http://www.astees.com/catalog/34-mens-s ... seball-tee

Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

I'm wondering if the iron on patch is suitable for my jean jacket? If not, tally one vote for standard badge or even "backpatch" style patches for the future. (I will be going the iron on route until we get adult sizes ;))
Ancalagon
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ancalagon »

Ancalagon wrote:White is cool for the body of the shirt for the DCC image to pop but since I'm a fan of darker colors, the red for sleeves and collar is a turn off. Any chance in the future of other options such as hunter green, navy blue, or maybe a "deluxe print" using black sleeves with the DCC logo changed to gold?

Thanks!
goodmangames wrote:Everybody has a preference on clothing -- even some of the "luminaries" already photographed in this thread wanted different options -- so it's hard to find a "perfect fit" for everyone. This style is the starting point. If fans buy a lot of these shirts, there will definitely be more options in the future! If nobody buys the first shirt, well, then there won't be other options. :)
Okay all you folks who like red - place an order... so I might be able to get one with a different color! :lol:
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Thanks for the lead. I talked to the screen printer today and they can source an alternate version of the raglan tee. It looks very similar but is from another supplier...and goes up to 3XL! So the web page is now updated. You may now place your orders for sizes up to 3XL!

http://www.goodman-games.com/dccshirt.html
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
headspice
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by headspice »

YAY!!! I can drop the diet!
Submit to NECROPANTSED, A Geek Grimoire of Frostbitten, Grim Musics and Forsaken Games Worshipped by Middle Aged Teens.
http://necropantspublishing.blogspot.com/
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

Skars wrote:I'm wondering if the iron on patch is suitable for my jean jacket? If not, tally one vote for standard badge or even "backpatch" style patches for the future. (I will be going the iron on route until we get adult sizes ;))
I'd (and actually plan to myself) apply the iron-on to a piece of fabric, then stitch that on to a vest or jacket.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

Man, $30 for a t-shirt? Not interested if it's only in red...
headspice
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by headspice »

Although nobody asked me for my opinion, that's never stopped me from giving it in the past. :twisted:
Black sleeves would probably help me GM better.
Submit to NECROPANTSED, A Geek Grimoire of Frostbitten, Grim Musics and Forsaken Games Worshipped by Middle Aged Teens.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Hi everyone,

Here are a couple thoughts on T-shirts, based on comments over the last week or so:

* Now that the tees are not American Apparel brand, the size options are larger (up to 3XL) and the price is cheaper.
* I can lower the consumer price. How low? Depends on how many are purchased. Screen printing really runs on volume.
* Everybody has a preference on style. The advantage of "one style" is all the purchases are concentrated in one screen printing run, and thus (probably) a lower cost. Adding more styles runs the risk that each run is smaller, and the costs go up.

What's a potential solution? Well, if I took pre-orders and they crossed certain thresholds, there would be benefits. Cost goes down, and/or something else gets thrown into the mix. Or, potentially, as thresholds get hit, more options become available (i.e., at a certain number of pre-orders, it becomes profitable to do screen print two styles of shirts rather than one).

What I'm getting out of this is "Kickstarter". Is there any interest in a modest Kickstarter around the tees? It would really be similar to the current pre-orders, except it would give a way to reflect the lower volume costs if enough people order. I believe the rewards for hitting certain goals would effectively be either more shirts per person, and/or more designs.

(Screen printing costs drop drastically at a certain point - it is literally 2x more expensive to run a small quantity than a larger quantity. The $29.99 retail covers one shirt at a certain number of orders, 1.5 shirts at another level, and 2 shirts at a higher level!)

Kickstarter might also open up possibilities for different designs. Again, economies of scale apply, but it becomes more feasible to quantify "this many orders = another design."

To make this work I would need a bunch of people willing to sign up for the Kickstarter. Who would prefer a Kickstarter to the current pre-order option? In other words...who's in?
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
headspice
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by headspice »

Kickstarter? Sounds good.
And since we're talking possible new styles....How about Black Long Sleeve T-shirts w/ the Gold foil DCC RPG design on front and Dungeon Crawl Classics written length wise up a sleeve?
SavageRobby
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by SavageRobby »

A Kickstarter campaign? OH HELL YES. (That would put me at 40 supported projects, so I'm totally in.)
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by TheNobleDrake »

I am very in for a kickstarter - more so because my lady and I both want multiple shirts, and at $30 each that is not likely to be a realized desire.

I have a few fellas at the table I might be able to get in on it too - one at the very least because he likes to have a shirt matched up to the game we are playing and his "it's called smite evil, not bump uglies" order of the stick shirt just doesn't quite fit now that we aren't playing D&D.
blindelf
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by blindelf »

I vote yes for Kickstarter - it's a no-lose proposition, right? We at least get the shirt design as
it exists now plus if enough people jump in we stand to maybe get another design and/or lower
price as well, correct? I mean, why would anyone who wants a shirt be against that?
Zargon
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Zargon »

I'm in, I've been a part of several KS's and an Indiegogo project funding gig so far, I'm just waiting for another good one to pop up...
Fables of the Borderlands - #1 DCC campaign on Obsidian Portal!
Merl
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Merl »

I'm in for a couple at least, if they can be shipped to New Zealand without costing an arm and a leg. (Or is that a Major Corruption roll?)
RudGar
Gongfarmer

Post by RudGar »

I'm a little late to the DCC t-shirt party, and I was eager to order one through the Goodman Games site, but found to my dismay that it is no longer available. Will this shirt, or another DCC shirt, beyond the world tour, be available again? I would love to get an authentic DCC shirt, but it seems a bit silly that it was only offered for such a short time. I'm sure there are plenty of folks out there that would like to pick up a DCC shirt in the future, but like me, are now out of luck points. Thanks.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

RudGar wrote:I'm a little late to the DCC t-shirt party, and I was eager to order one through the Goodman Games site, but found to my dismay that it is no longer available. Will this shirt, or another DCC shirt, beyond the world tour, be available again? I would love to get an authentic DCC shirt, but it seems a bit silly that it was only offered for such a short time. I'm sure there are plenty of folks out there that would like to pick up a DCC shirt in the future, but like me, are now out of luck points. Thanks.
I'm sorry to say the red-sleeved shirt was available for a limited time only. You can get a free shirt by running three public games, as noted on the World Tour page. Sounds like you already found that link. For the time being that's the only option. But down the road, who knows, we may offer something else...no promises though!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

My shirt & iron-on transfer arrived! Just in time for the next Road Crew event I'm running this Saturday.

Return to “DCC RPG General”