DCC Play-by-post CLOSED

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

DCC Play-by-post CLOSED

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Hiya.

I am thinking of running a 0-level funnel that I adapted from an adventure for another game system. Survivors will be welcome to continue on to other adventures in the same setting. Sorry; I am not going to name the adventure because doing so gives away too much of the scenario. Any interest?

This is the starting info:

Tempesta is no more, having been overrun by hordes of Pubu Horselords. Farms were razed, villages burned, and people slaughtered or taken as slaves to be sold as far away as the trade city of Milkago on the shores of the Inland Sea. Brave Tempestans fled onto the burning sands of the Numecco Desert in a band nearly 500 strong, hoping to cross to the fabled land of Aksarben. You are all that remains of the survivors, tired, hungry, and very thirsty. Each day, lack of food and water has done in a few of your fellow refugees, and each night the desert’s many hungry nocturnal predators emerge to hunt. A few six-legged, dog-like emaciated creatures with beetle-like carapaces follow you during the day, and call others of their kind in the dozens to feast once the sun goes down. They follow at such a distance, and are so well armored, that you have little hope of defeating the scouts, let along the much larger nighttime packs.

All seems very much hopeless, as the sun begins westering. But then, a glint of sunlight is reflected off something in the distance. Eager to find shelter, food and drink, you find a reserve of stamina, pushing on toward the source of the reflections. After a few miles, you crest a tall dune and stand facing a strange tower protruding nearly 90 feet out of the sand. It obviously is metallic and is covered with clusters of unknown protuberances or devices in a wild variety of geometric shapes. Its shining surface is totally seamless, except for a wide band of dark, smoke-colored glass or plastic near the top. On the far side of the tower is what looks like a way in – a jagged six foot wide hole in the glassy material. This side of the tower looks easy to climb, and with night closing in offers much needed shelter.

and here's the thread: http://unseenservant.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=900

RC
Last edited by Raven_Crowking on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: DCC Play-by-post

Post by ragboy »

I want in! I promise I won't ditch this time.

Any interest in a Maptools / Roll20 live game?
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

My schedule is pretty hectic. I would like to get a live game going eventually via Internet (as well as my live at home games), if only to give my brother etc. a chance to play, but that won't be happening soon. The biggest advantage of pbp is that I can post as snatches of time become available.

In any event, this is an adventure that is definitely more "beginning, middle & end" than Barrowmaze (although Barrowmaze has a great story going on within it!).

Shoot me your characters. Or post them here: http://unseenservant.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=902

What was your handle at Unseen Servant again?
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
AQuebman
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by AQuebman »

Hey Raven, is this something your planning on carrying on after the 0 level or just a test? I'm kind of looking for some longer term games if possible is the only reason I ask.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

AQuebman wrote:Hey Raven, is this something your planning on carrying on after the 0 level or just a test? I'm kind of looking for some longer term games if possible is the only reason I ask.
"Survivors will be welcome to continue on to other adventures in the same setting."

I just stuck it in that forum because I didn't want to trouble the good folks at Unseen Servant to make a new one!

:oops:
SoBH pbp:

ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Raven_Crowking wrote:My schedule is pretty hectic. I would like to get a live game going eventually via Internet (as well as my live at home games), if only to give my brother etc. a chance to play, but that won't be happening soon. The biggest advantage of pbp is that I can post as snatches of time become available.
Yep. I'm just not playing anything right now real time, so it's making me jittery.
Raven_Crowking wrote: Shoot me your characters. Or post them here: http://unseenservant.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=902
I have a pdf from purple sorcerer. Good? Or you want it in another format?
Raven_Crowking wrote: What was your handle at Unseen Servant again?

ragboy...
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

You are in.
SoBH pbp:

Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Skyscraper »

Hi Raven,

I would be interested in joining your online game, if you would have me. Thanks for offering.

Before I offer to join, I wonder: what are your posting expectations? What commitments do you ask of participants? How often do you plan on posting yourself? (I ask the latter since you mention in this thread that you have a hectic schedule - I assume you will be posting regularly, but then again I don't know what the expectations are.)

I'm been running as DM an online D&D game that has been ongoing for 3 years, and still going strong. That's my only online pbp experience, and I believe quite a successful one up to now. However, I am not familiar with other online games, how they work, how often people post, etc... so anything you may wish to share at this point to make sure I know what I'm getting into would be welcome.

In my game, we try to post at least once every weekday - weekends are off - and that frequency is almost mandatory during battles to make sure that one round per day can be done (we sometimes skip a day, but we're usually pretty good). Some players post more frequently, so in practice we sometimes have several interactions per day.

Thanks,

Sky
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Your expectations are roughly what I strive for. I try to post when I can, and that may be several times a day, or it may be slower, based on what time I get, and how fast responses come in. If somebody makes a plan, and a reasonable amount of time passes without anyone posting an objection, I assume that everyone is down with the plan and move the game forward.

I've had unexpected internet outages, and unexpected emergencies that have kept me silent from time to time. If you go silent, I will assume the same. If you choose to quit, a note would be appreciated.

That's about it.
SoBH pbp:

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Your expectations are roughly what I strive for. I try to post when I can, and that may be several times a day, or it may be slower, based on what time I get, and how fast responses come in. If somebody makes a plan, and a reasonable amount of time passes without anyone posting an objection, I assume that everyone is down with the plan and move the game forward.

I've had unexpected internet outages, and unexpected emergencies that have kept me silent from time to time. If you go silent, I will assume the same. If you choose to quit, a note would be appreciated.

That's about it.
Fair enough, sounds good to me. How do I join? Do you wish to hear anything from me before having me onboard, or do I simply log into the site you linked here and post a set of characters? How many characters? Is the set of four from Purple Sorcerer OK?

Sky
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Skyscraper wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:Your expectations are roughly what I strive for. I try to post when I can, and that may be several times a day, or it may be slower, based on what time I get, and how fast responses come in. If somebody makes a plan, and a reasonable amount of time passes without anyone posting an objection, I assume that everyone is down with the plan and move the game forward.

That's about it.
Fair enough, sounds good to me. How do I join? Do you wish to hear anything from me before having me onboard, or do I simply log into the site you linked here and post a set of characters? How many characters? Is the set of four from Purple Sorcerer OK?

Sky
I just need a login ID for Unseen Servant so I can add you to the forum. Otherwise, Purple Sorcerer is a great source for making 0-level characters quickly. Or you can generate them yourself and post them (I made a thread for this purpose on the Unseen Servant site, and linked to it in an earlier post). If you use PS's generator, email me the PCs at ravencrowking at hotmail dot com.

RC
SoBH pbp:

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Alright!

My login is "Skyscraper" (no quotes) on The Unseen Servant.

I'll make a set of PCs. I'm not sure I understand why I should post them myself if I generate them myself, and email them to you if I generated them with PS, since in the end I'll end up with a PDF file or an image file in both cases, but I'll follow your instructions :)

Cheers!

Sky

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Alrighty, email sent.

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Skyscraper wrote:Alright!

My login is "Skyscraper" (no quotes) on The Unseen Servant.
Email received & added. You may post.
SoBH pbp:

onearmspence
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by onearmspence »

Hi Raven_Crowking

It's still possible to join the pvp game?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Yup.
SoBH pbp:

onearmspence
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by onearmspence »

I just registered an account (onearmspence). I'm new with Unseen Servant. So I may need some guidance about what to do next.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

onearmspence wrote:I just registered an account (onearmspence). I'm new with Unseen Servant. So I may need some guidance about what to do next.
Welcome aboard!

I've added you to the forum, so you may now post. You can make a set of four funnel characters using the Purple Sorcerer Games ap, or you can just roll 'em up and post them. If you want to email me them, use ravencrowking at hotmail dot com.

That's three players in; if no one else is forthcoming pronto, I say let the carnage begin!

:mrgreen:
SoBH pbp:

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

I'd like to give PbP a try, please. *holds out bowl*

I registered with the name bygrinstow, and managed to get the anti-spam question right, too.

I'll get some Zeroes rolled up and post them (on that thread, right?).
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

GnomeBoy wrote:I'd like to give PbP a try, please. *holds out bowl*

I registered with the name bygrinstow, and managed to get the anti-spam question right, too.

I'll get some Zeroes rolled up and post them (on that thread, right?).
Added.
SoBH pbp:

Mitchifer
Gongfarmer

Post by Mitchifer »

Hello,

If you've got room for one more, I would love to join your game. I've been looking for a way to get my feet wet in a DCC pbp, and this looks like a good way to do it!
Rostranor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Rostranor »

I'm willing to give this a try as well.

Rostranor is my name both here and there.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Mitchifer, I need your user name on Unseen Servant.

Rostranor, you have been added.

And that closes this group.
SoBH pbp:

Skyscraper

Re: DCC Play-by-post CLOSED

Post by Skyscraper »

Cool, looking forward to starting this.

I note that everyone posted a text of their PCs... Sounds like a good idea to allow easyier modifications as penalties or, most importantly, bonuses (!) occur :) I'll probably do that eventually.

Raven: if I might suggest something, you could create a TEMPESTA OOC (out of character) thread where players and the judge may post about eveything and anything. For example, a player that plans on being absent for a week or two because of vacation could post there to advise everyone. Rules questions, in particular those that are not situation-specific, could be posted there. If you feel it's a good idea of course.

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: DCC Play-by-post CLOSED

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Done.
SoBH pbp:

Return to “DCC RPG General”