Hey everyone!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

JavaApp
Gongfarmer

Hey everyone!

Post by JavaApp »

Hello all,

My name is Doyle, and I have been playing RPGs sine 1979, when I got my Holmes 'Blue Box' set. I have playing ever since.

I have played and mostly GMed many different games since then, including AD&D, including 1st, B/X, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, Pathfinder, Bushido, V&V, RQ2, 3, Stormbringer/Elric, Call of Cthulhu (lots and lots of Call of Cthulhu), Ringworld, WFRP 1 and 2, Hero Wars, Heroquest 1 and 2, Mongoose RQ 2, Spirit of the Century, Nephilim, Vampire, Mage, Powers & Perils, Traveller, Traveller New Era, Mongoose Traveller, Tunnels and Trolls, Shadowrun, Space 1889, The Dying Earth, and some others I don't remember the name of. Most recently, I have been running a S&W Wilderlands campaign.

As I look over this list, I realize that I have got to play and experience a lot more than many others. It's funny, because I remembering feeling quite a bit of dissatisfaction up until a few tears ago, when I made conscious decision to both play more and to focus on play rather than prep and planning. I have been much happier since that time.

In a nutshell, I think that is what attracts me most to the DCC rpg - the gonzo, over the top approach to play, that reflects the focus of the entire OSR movement - the realization, after so many years, that the play's the thing!
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Hey everyone!

Post by tovokas »

Welcome JavaApp! I think you'll find this a great community to hang out with. :)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Welcome aboard. As a Java developer, I appreciate your name. :D

I had a S&W Wilderlands campaign too by the way. One day we're going to finish it, but right now I'm more interested in the AD&D and DCC campaigns I started in my own setting, Xarn.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Welcome! And well put: the play is the thing!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DCC RPG General”