1. How did you handle "2-3 per epoch"?
2. When I crunched numbers I got a missing 1.68749% and wonder if you transposed a couple of digits. (I ignored the "epoch" dudes.)
3. Quick fix is to edit the first entry, 95% becomes 96.7% (or 96.68649% for the picky). It makes sense that the missing folks won't be at the top of the pyramid.
4. My favorite explanation is that the missing folk represent 0-level characters who are non-confirmed kills; you don't want to count MIA as actually alive or dead...
Thanks for the thoughtful answer finarvyn, and for checking my math! Let me address your questions/comments:
1. I ignored them, as you did.
2. Transposing digits is certainly possible, as it was a long day. Now that its another day, and my "good beverage" has worn off, let me do it again:
lvls = 3/100+1/1000+1/5000+1/10000+1/50000+1/250000+1/1e6+1/1e7
zeros = 100*(1.0-lvls) = 96.86749000
extra = zeros - 95 = 1.86749
That seems to be what I entered before. Perhaps my beverage wasn't strong enough, or I'm still suffering its effects.
3. Yes, indeed, I made that edit in my book after I made the post.
4. Oh yes, I like that