Limited Edition Metal Covers!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

reverenddak

Limited Edition Metal Covers!

Post by reverenddak »

Two more coming up! Just posted on the Goodman-Games home page:

The 13th Skull! with a limited edition Silver Foil Cover - http://www.goodman-games.com/5072Spreview.html

and

The Dungeon Alphabet 3rd Print with a ltd ed Gold Foil Cover! http://www.goodman-games.com/4385Lpreview.html

Dang it, sir, you're really stepping it up!

I want t-shirts for them BOTH, and not to forget for the limited edition DCC RPG rule book!
Attachments
da_foli_cover.jpg
da_foli_cover.jpg (31.3 KiB) Viewed 33468 times
GMG5072SCoverLarge.jpg
GMG5072SCoverLarge.jpg (75.07 KiB) Viewed 33468 times
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
Colin

Re: Limited Edition Metal Covers!

Post by Colin »

Oooh, shiny!

Colin
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by TheNobleDrake »

These are must haves for me... along with all the other alternate covers...

I wonder if I will be able to manage grabbing these up from my FLGS... looks like I have an excuse to swing by and hang out for a while at the very least!
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

The 13th (Silver) Skull as a T shirt would be nerdgasm-worthy awesomesauce!!!!

Please, Joseph, make it happen!
Mr Black
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Mr Black »

Ogrepuppy wrote:The 13th (Silver) Skull as a T shirt would be nerdgasm-worthy awesomesauce!!!!

Please, Joseph, make it happen!
Me too please!!
:mrgreen:
Vanguard
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Vanguard »

I'm definitely grabbing the Dungeon Alphabet. I'm torn on the module, as I really like all the "normal" covers.
My Gaming Blog: The Earthlight Academy
http://earthlightacademy.blogspot.com/
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Sigh. More money from my pocket into Joseph's. Maybe I could set up an automatic withdrawl system so that he would just mail me stuff and have my account just pay for it. Save me a lot of time ordering things. :P
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Primus
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Primus »

Hey,what going on here? ....Joseph's automatic withdrawl system? ......sign me up!
THE ONE AND THE PRIME....NEVER FORGOTTEN
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

That's called a "subscription," and GG used to offer that back in the day....
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

Speaking of this, I picked up a gold foil cover handbook from eBay this morning for $55 plus shipping. Figured it was a reasonable deal since it includes a copy of the Doom, which you can't get anywhere else yet.

Also, I'm selling off all my old 3.x crap. Because, ... well, that should be obvious! Still debating on whether to hang on to my set of 1e hardbacks. I have a couple old ones, 3rd printing Monster Manual and a 3rd or 4th printing Player's Handbook. Just don't see myself ever using them, really... DCC really is a "better" system, IMO, than 0e or 1e ... but they're hard to let go of. Some of the sourcebooks (Deities and Demigods? Manual of the Planes? the two Survival Guides?) might be cool to keep around for inspiration/information. But, Unearthed Arcana? Monster Manual II? Oriental Adventures? Seriously doubt I'll ever use anything from those. I'll probably keep my 5th printing whitebox / LBB supplements / spiral-bound Chainmail, though, even though I'm highly unlikely to run an actual 0e campaign ever again. (If I were to run something non-DCC, it'd probably be Moldvay B/X, which is pretty close to DCC.)

And, just this morning, I was thinking, a DCC conversion of DragonLance might not be that difficult to do, and it might be kind of cool. May take a little bit of fudging w/r/t the robed wizards and elves, though.

What say the group? Do you keep stuff around, or sell off things you no longer really use?
Vanguard
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Vanguard »

Heh, I've been toying with the idea of picking up copies of the 1E books. Initially, I was tempted by the reprints, but I can find the old core books for cheaper.
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by TheNobleDrake »

beermotor wrote:What say the group? Do you keep stuff around, or sell off things you no longer really use?
I used to keep everything no matter what, figured I might use it at some point down the line... and then I lost every possession (not just gaming books) I couldn't carry with me in a backpack.

After that, there were very few things that I missed... so I bought those up eventually so I could keep them on hand (them being a full collection of AD&D 2nd edition), but I get rid of anything that I feel like I am keeping just in case I might miss it.

Saves shelf room, as I already constantly run quite a few different systems and so have books fighting over which ones get to be on the shelf nearest the table that is important... and it is nice to trade them off because I live a block from a Hastings that will take them, sell them to someone that wants them, and give me store credit to buy video games with in the mean time.
Colin

Post by Colin »

beermotor wrote:What say the group? Do you keep stuff around, or sell off things you no longer really use?
The latter. I've routinely sold off what I didn't use in favour of what I did for years and rarely had any regrets. Even when I did, the money I've made back from getting rid of extraneous stuff has still ensured I came out ahead anyway.

Colin
Vanguard
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Vanguard »

Colin wrote:
The latter. I've routinely sold off what I didn't use in favour of what I did for years and rarely had any regrets. Even when I did, the money I've made back from getting rid of extraneous stuff has still ensured I came out ahead anyway.

Colin
This.

I currently own the Pathfinder books, two copies of DCC RPG, and all of the Burning Wheel books. I use all of them.
Vanguard
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Vanguard »

I just got a raise, so I'm definitely pre-ordering now.
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

I preordered the non-metal Dungeon Alphabet today. Wish it was coming out before friggen OCTOBER... /sigh
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

I got my copy of the rulebook today, it's pretty badass. But it seems that Doom of the Savage Kings is stuck inside it? anyone know if it's supposed to be removable or if it's bound into the book?
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

DERP, nevermind. They had it stuck in there with some removable sticky pad things.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

beermotor wrote:I got my copy of the rulebook today, it's pretty badass. But it seems that Doom of the Savage Kings is stuck inside it? anyone know if it's supposed to be removable or if it's bound into the book?
Mine was totally removable... There was some of that gummy stuff that I refer to as artificial sn*t holding it in place...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

GnomeBoy wrote:
beermotor wrote:I got my copy of the rulebook today, it's pretty badass. But it seems that Doom of the Savage Kings is stuck inside it? anyone know if it's supposed to be removable or if it's bound into the book?
Mine was totally removable... There was some of that gummy stuff that I refer to as artificial sn*t holding it in place...
Yeah I'm dumb. I was worried about prying it too much, didn't want to tear the end papers, heh.
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

beermotor wrote:
Yeah I'm dumb. I was worried about prying it too much, didn't want to tear the end papers, heh.
Probably better to do it sooner than later, that sticking goo might get permanent over time. It might also stain...
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

GnomeBoy wrote:Mine was totally removable... There was some of that gummy stuff that I refer to as artificial sn*t holding it in place...
The technical term, as used by the printer, is "booger glue." No joke!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

goodmangames wrote:
GnomeBoy wrote:Mine was totally removable... There was some of that gummy stuff that I refer to as artificial sn*t holding it in place...
The technical term, as used by the printer, is "booger glue." No joke!
I had no idea I could be so tetch-nical! :mrgreen:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Stainless »

I'd like to buy a copy of Dungeon Alphabet (foil cover), but I'm not sure how postage works. It tells me it's $4, but I'm sure that's too cheap for postage to the UK. Is there a link to the international postage rates (cringe, I hope it's not $40)? Or does it somehow sort out the postage after your order?
Avatar by Stefan Poag (I now own the original!)
Colin

Post by Colin »

Stainless wrote:I'd like to buy a copy of Dungeon Alphabet (foil cover), but I'm not sure how postage works. It tells me it's $4, but I'm sure that's too cheap for postage to the UK. Is there a link to the international postage rates (cringe, I hope it's not $40)? Or does it somehow sort out the postage after your order?
I ordered my copy by placing the order normally, then Paypalling the extra monies to cover int'l P&P directly (including a note as to which order no. they were for).

Colin

Return to “DCC RPG General”