VTT Rule Set

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Infamousbargle
Far-Sighted Wanderer

VTT Rule Set

Post by Infamousbargle »

Does anyone have a ruleset and character sheet for fantasy grounds? If not is there a project to make these? Also it would be great to have a token pack with pignosed orcs and other DCC style characters. Anyone on these projects? :?:
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: VTT Rule Set

Post by ragboy »

I don't -- I kinda walked away from FG. There never seemed to be a game out there that lasted. And the time involved to develop your own (extra "interface design" time) wasn't worth it.

I'm playing a game on Maptools, which is super simple and fast (Basic Fantasy rules, but the interface stays out of the way). Also, I've toyed with Roll20, but haven't played/GM'ed a game over there yet. It appears to be as simple as Maptools with a little better built-in toolset.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

I use roll20 to run DCC games. I used to run 4E games via Fantasy Grounds, and FG is nice, without a doubt. The value of roll20 is quite high, however, since it is free. It also handles Zocchi dice rolls without a hitch (this could be cumbersome in FG without some coding). DCC doesn't really require a hefty ruleset, so roll20 works great. My only complaint is that the video chat client is kind of wonky, but they are working on fixing that.
Terry Olson
Aplus
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Aplus »

I know it doesn't answer your actual question, but I've run games on Google+ hangouts with no fancy tech other than the video chat. People just roll their own real dice on the table in front of them (honor system). Works great!
Check out my DCC Resources Page for cool stuff!
IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by IronWolf »

Pesky wrote:I use roll20 to run DCC games. I used to run 4E games via Fantasy Grounds, and FG is nice, without a doubt. The value of roll20 is quite high, however, since it is free. It also handles Zocchi dice rolls without a hitch (this could be cumbersome in FG without some coding). DCC doesn't really require a hefty ruleset, so roll20 works great. My only complaint is that the video chat client is kind of wonky, but they are working on fixing that.
Roll20 can integrate with Google+ Hangouts. That is how I run my Roll20 game, with the G+ integration. Works fairly well, though we seem to constantly hit a slow dice rolling bug.
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

IronWolf wrote:Roll20 can integrate with Google+ Hangouts. That is how I run my Roll20 game, with the G+ integration. Works fairly well, though we seem to constantly hit a slow dice rolling bug.
Sorry for the late reply, IronWolf. I was in the Galapagos without internet access for about 11 days :shock:. Yeah, my group has used G+ integration as well, and have hit the problem you cite (Roll20 forums seem to indicate a memory problem with G+). We prefer using the client itself because there is a bit more screen real estate. Thanks for the tip, nonetheless!
Terry Olson

Return to “DCC RPG General”