Goodman Games
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/

DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=41839
Page 4 of 5

Author:  TheNobleDrake [ Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

sniderman wrote:
Any chance of a re-release of the stylistic DCC RPG cover? Doesn't even need to be in gold foil on black. I really like the simple, but foreboding look of that cover. (After all, you're gonna have it on the new shirts!)

Why would you need a re-release? Distributors are still listing the first release as being available in limited quantity.

Author:  sniderman [ Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

TheNobleDrake wrote:
sniderman wrote:
Any chance of a re-release of the stylistic DCC RPG cover? Doesn't even need to be in gold foil on black. I really like the simple, but foreboding look of that cover. (After all, you're gonna have it on the new shirts!)

Why would you need a re-release? Distributors are still listing the first release as being available in limited quantity.


Really? Please post a link to one or two of these distributors, as I'd like to get my hands on one! (I'm not finding anything out there.)

Author:  TheNobleDrake [ Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

sniderman wrote:
TheNobleDrake wrote:
sniderman wrote:
Any chance of a re-release of the stylistic DCC RPG cover? Doesn't even need to be in gold foil on black. I really like the simple, but foreboding look of that cover. (After all, you're gonna have it on the new shirts!)

Why would you need a re-release? Distributors are still listing the first release as being available in limited quantity.


Really? Please post a link to one or two of these distributors, as I'd like to get my hands on one! (I'm not finding anything out there.)

The catalog at http://www.alliance-games.com/ says LTD for status - though you'll likely have to find a retailer that uses Alliance as a distributor to get one of those limited copies... and that will likely involve your choice of retailer having to make sure to specifically demand the distributor send a copy even if they have to get it from a warehouse other than the normal for the geographic area, which can be tricky since distributor reps have an apparent tradition of pretending they can't do that.

Unfortunately, it seems the copy/copies I was seeing available through other smaller distributors are now gone from their inventory lists - but I also have not checked diamond book distributors because they have release catalogs, not inventory catalogs, so you have to get in touch with them to find out if something is actually in stock.

Author:  GnomeBoy [ Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

sniderman wrote:
TheNobleDrake wrote:
sniderman wrote:
Any chance of a re-release of the stylistic DCC RPG cover? Doesn't even need to be in gold foil on black. I really like the simple, but foreboding look of that cover. (After all, you're gonna have it on the new shirts!)

Why would you need a re-release? Distributors are still listing the first release as being available in limited quantity.


Really? Please post a link to one or two of these distributors, as I'd like to get my hands on one! (I'm not finding anything out there.)

Recently did a very quick, cursory search for the 1st LE: Paizo showed it in stock, and a couple other online retailers did, too...

Start searching! :mrgreen:

Author:  Rick [ Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

Had a nice surprise waiting on me when I got home :)

Image

Author:  dark cauliflower [ Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

that looks even better live than on the DCC page. What'z the back look like?

Author:  Colin [ Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

That looks gorgeous; wish I could've afforded to buy one. :(

Colin

Author:  Crimsontree [ Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

Really nice cover. I couldn't justify the extra $20 just to get a new cover & none of my players wanted to either.

Author:  dark cauliflower [ Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

I have to admit that greed got to me to. I could use dat extra 20-30 bucks on some other things... like modules and books. But there is little doubt in my mind what is the ultimate gaming cover!!!

Maybe when Im ready to pick up a second copy Ill get the next limited edition cover... which can only be more awesome than this one.

Author:  Rick [ Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

The back cover is the same as the standard cover; Hugh and his striped pants.

The spine is new and can be seen here: viewtopic.php?p=90859#p90859

Author:  bryguy [ Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

nice! can't wait to get mine!
it's in transit when i tracked it, but being in Ak i always get things a couple days late

Author:  bryguy [ Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

Rick wrote:
The back cover is the same as the standard cover; Hugh and his striped pants.

The spine is new and can be seen here: viewtopic.php?p=90859#p90859


omg... this is a link to the previous page in the same thread? ha ha!
that's awesome

Author:  Ogrepuppy [ Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

So what was the pre-order treat (since a pre-order module wasn't included)--?

Author:  finarvyn [ Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

Crimsontree wrote:
Really nice cover. I couldn't justify the extra $20 just to get a new cover & none of my players wanted to either.
This was me, until my local game store guy accidently double-ordered copies and offered to see me one really cheap to help clear his shelf. Now I own all three covers. :lol:

Author:  GnomeBoy [ Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

Ogrepuppy wrote:
So what was the pre-order treat (since a pre-order module wasn't included)--?

Wasn't it the Mullen Art Portfolio?

Author:  mythfish [ Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

The McDevitt Art Folio. The Mullen Folio is for any orders in Nov or Dec.

Author:  Ogrepuppy [ Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

mythfish wrote:
The McDevitt Art Folio. The Mullen Folio is for any orders in Nov or Dec.


Ah, thanks. Failed my Perception roll on that one. :(

Author:  blindelf [ Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

Can anyone who has all 3 covers take a pic of the spines all lined up on a shelf?

Author:  Doug Kovacs [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

3 spines

Attachments:
3spines.jpg
3spines.jpg [ 99.4 KiB | Viewed 3060 times ]

Author:  headspice [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

I can't believe I REALLY wanna buy all 3 copies JUST so I can look at the 3 spines together on my own shelf....this is nuts.

Author:  blindelf [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

Thanks for that Doug! Just ordered my Wizard cover.

My gods the sheer awe-dripping coolness of it all...

Author:  goodmangames [ Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

Doug, you didn't show them the 4th spine. :)

Author:  Pesky [ Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

Oh, that's a mean tease :lol:

Author:  Ravenheart87 [ Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

goodmangames wrote:
Doug, you didn't show them the 4th spine. :)

He's merciful.

Author:  GnomeBoy [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

goodmangames wrote:
Doug, you didn't show them the 4th spine. :)

How many versions will be released each year, do you imagine? Budgets must be made and funds must be allocated, y'know... :mrgreen:

Page 4 of 5 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/