Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:45 pm 
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

My DCCRPG game is over for now. Very shortly I will start over but this time I would like some cohesion. My last game lasted years but was very messy. I added on kingdoms and wilderness as I needed them and if my players had kept track of ANYTHING they would have realized that the scenery changed greatly at times. They did not notice a thing however, and sadly that depresses me.

This time I want to start with at least a rough setting and map worked out ahead of time. It will make me happy even if my players never notice. Seriously last time the party went from one kingdom to another like six times but on the seventh they had to cross over a mountain range that was only passable in late spring, and never noticed a change. A entire mountain range and wilderness instead of the roads and villages and not one word.

I'm thinking of just using Blackmoor but wanted to see what you guys had come up with. This is one thing every DM has had to figure out at least once so I figured we would have tons of ideas.

I'll dig through my notes and try to post one of the maps to my last game and it's Mobile Mountain Ranges.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:56 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

FLGS: Bizarro World
Honestly, mobile mountain ranges makes my spidey sense twitch. I may have to implement that sometime.

Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters - Holds the power to play gnomes at will!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

General Yoros, Warrior, Str 13, Agl 8 (10), Stm 17, Per 13, Int 11, Lck 8; Law, HP 39, AC 17, R+2, F+4, W+2, band/shld, warhammer, longsword, longbow, pitchfork

Han Dee, (Weaver) Neutral Thief, Str 10, Agi 13, Stm 11, Per 11, Int 15, Lck 14, AC 13 (Leather), HP 25, Luck Die d6, Backstab 3, Sneak Silently 10, Hide In Shadows 9, Pick Pocket 10, Climb Sheer 10, Pick Lock 9, Find Trap 9, Disable Trap 9, Forge Doc 10, Disguise 3, Read Lang 5, Handle Poison 3, Cast Scroll d14+2, birth augur (Born under the loom) +1 to all skill checks (including thief skills), Banepicks (auto pick lock/disable trap, but lose 1d3 random ability loss, if a 3 then 1 pt is perm)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:56 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

I have made use of an adapted Anomalous Subsurface Environment while working on other things.

I have other PCs in the Portsmouth/Westlake region from the FT series.

I have other PCs in the region of the Barrowmaze and Stonehell.

Linkages between these settings exist.

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:07 am 
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Some of the settings I have used:

Fraeland. The different colored stars are cities in different kingdoms.
Attachment:
Fraeland2.jpg
Fraeland2.jpg [ 114.6 KiB | Viewed 39 times ]

The area the party adventured in I created more detail:
Attachment:
Central_Fraeland2.jpg
Central_Fraeland2.jpg [ 70.2 KiB | Viewed 39 times ]

I also ran another campaign using this map. Pretty basic, but I wasn't sure if the players were going to stick with it, so I didn't want to invest a lot of time:
Attachment:
Greyland2.jpg
Greyland2.jpg [ 116.77 KiB | Viewed 39 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:32 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

FLGS: The Compleat Strategist
Here's what I've been using. It ain't pretty, but it serves my purposes.

The characters started in Bitterweed Barrow (Nathan Pendlebrook's Perilous Pantry), and then headed up the Centre Way through the Barrier Hills along the river to Harveston (The Old God's Return). After that, it was farther north up to the Old Forest, wherein lay the Eldritch Oak (The Vile Worm) and then east to the Old Stone Mounds (The Portal Under the Stars).

After heading back south through the Ebon Wood to the big Village of Homm's Ford to sell and buy, they followed the Old West Road up to Hirot (Doom of the Savage Kings). Once they finished up there, they followed some primitive scouts over the Trollfang Mountains, fighting off snow apes, into the Forlorn North and to the Ghost Ice (Frozen in Time, Digest Edition) where they are now...

Attachments:
Midderlands.jpg
Midderlands.jpg [ 755.43 KiB | Viewed 14 times ]