Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:50 pm 
Gongfarmer

Greetings, friends

I bought some dice packs from AliExpress. After two months waiting, I finally received some of my D&D dices two weeks ago:

But this is just one pack. I'm still waiting a 10 dices set as showed bellow (mine is the back set):

As you can see, the set is made of a d4, d6, d8, d10 (0-9), d10 (1-10), d10%, d12, d20, d24 and d30. Two Funky Dices!!

When I purchased this set, I wasn't aware of DCC. But now that I'm aware and willing to try it, I'm wondering:

- How many dices would be ideal to play DCC? Should I have 6 (or more) d3, d5, d7, d14, d16, d24 and d30 dices?

Another question is: What dices are better?

The six-sided d3 dices or the true d3?
The ten-sided d5 dices or the true d5?
The forteen-sided d7 or the true d7?

I never played DCC before. But for me, it seems that part of the fun to play dCC is to use the real Funky Dices and not to simulate them. Since AliExpress sells that 10 dices set (with d24 and d30) for less than $3 dollars each set and free shipping, I guess I can buy 6 or more of these dice sets with d24 and d30, but the other Funky Dices seems to be a bit costlier. That's why I need to know the ideal number of these dices for a smooth gameplay, assuming a game with 4-5 players.