Introductions Thread - Join the Band!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, michaelcurtis, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

DivineWannabe
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Gift of Games

Re: Introductions Thread - Join the Band!

Post by DivineWannabe » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:14 pm

Jim Skach wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:58 am
DivineWannabe wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:53 pm
My name is Brent, and I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago.
I have been an RPG player for over 30 years, but just got introduced to DCC.
I love it! The flexibility and "rules light" flavor makes it my new game system of choice!
which northern suburbs?
Jim, I am in the Round Lake area. Not far from you.
The Divine Wannabe
Creative Purveyor of Brain Vomit
Recent Convert to DCC

Jim Skach
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Jim Skach » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:58 am

DivineWannabe wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:14 pm
Jim Skach wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:58 am
DivineWannabe wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:53 pm
My name is Brent, and I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago.
I have been an RPG player for over 30 years, but just got introduced to DCC.
I love it! The flexibility and "rules light" flavor makes it my new game system of choice!
which northern suburbs?
Jim, I am in the Round Lake area. Not far from you.
Yeah I have family that was in Round Lake for years before moving to Antioch.

I'm in the far southwest corner of Crystal Lake...probably a good 45 minutes from you. No place in close in the suburbs...

AMLopez
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: DragonFly Games

Post by AMLopez » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:27 am

I am Aaron. I have been playing RPGs since 1978. I currently live in South Carolina where I started a gaming group (Gamecock City Adventurers) to help gamers in the area find others who are also interested in my favorite hobby! We are up to 128 members now! My group had predominantly a D&D only group as far as RPGs go, but we are slowly gaining interest in other systems, so I have just started a DCC game. We are beginning with The Portal Under the Stars, and then moving on to the Lankhmar setting.
“There's gotta be a way out of this dungeon."- G. Gygax”
― Robert Lynn Asprin, Myth-ion Improbable

rredmond
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rredmond » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:49 pm

Welcome Aaron! Sounds like an incredible group.

Bobjester
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Game On

Post by Bobjester » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:05 am

Welcome Aaron! Best of luck with your group! I cannot envy you in South Carolina during the summer, I remember many hot, sweltering summer days when I was stationed in Charleston! Lovely city though, I hope that hasn't changed about it!
“The wounds received in battle bestow honor, they do not take it away...”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote

TreverT
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Don't have one, sadly

Post by TreverT » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:50 pm

Hello all! Like so many others, I'm new here and new to DCC. I grew up on original D&D in the 70's and ran an ongoing campaign from about 1982 to 1998, but our group scattered across the country for work and I myself started my own business AND moved to France for years, so the result was that I haven't done anything D&D except play Baldur's Gate for about 22 years now.

BUT, the virus thing spurred some of our old friends and myself to see if we could manage gaming via Roll20, and I picked up DCC and fell in love, so we're currently in the middle of our very first 0-level adventure in Nebin Pendlebrook's Pantry, where I've scanned and uploaded all the maps, tokens, set up my first dynamic lighting, etc. It's all been a heck of a lot of fun so far.

About myself, I am a fulltime carver of high-end tobacco pipes done in exotic and fantasy-oriented styles and finishes (see my avatar) and yes, this is a real job - Been at it 22 years now and we sell via our website to collectors around the world, including a few gamers even.

I have two dumb newbie questions -

1) I see very little licensed DCC content on Roll20. I'm already assembling a nice module setup for Sour Spring Hollow for our next game. I assume Goodman doesn't want to license existing products on Roll20 but I'm curious, as I'd enjoy doing these "translations" a lot.

2) All through the 90's I used to do a lot of magazine and other art for small press mags and such. I may give this a shot again if anyone is interested. I tend to most enjoy pen & ink and it would be fun getting back into it again. I'll post some samples on the art board eventually, but here's a quick example:

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:53 pm

Welcome, TreverT!

Goodman Games has only just recently started rolling things out on VTTs, so there will be more Roll20 content to come...

I dig the art. You should certainly look into the Gongfarmer's Almanac, if you want to share art with the community... http://gongfarmersalmanac.com/
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

TreverT
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Don't have one, sadly

Post by TreverT » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:33 pm

GnomeBoy wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:53 pm
Welcome, TreverT!

Goodman Games has only just recently started rolling things out on VTTs, so there will be more Roll20 content to come...

I dig the art. You should certainly look into the Gongfarmer's Almanac, if you want to share art with the community... http://gongfarmersalmanac.com/
Thanks! I'll see what I can come up with. I think my first bits of DCC art are going to be for the module I'm porting to Roll20 right now, Sour Spring Hollow. Looking forward to really freaking out the group with that one... :twisted:

Return to “DCC RPG General”