Introductions Thread - Join the Band!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Introductions Thread - Join the Band!

Post by GnomeBoy »

Cool story. Call anytime.

Welcome! The chips are over there...

...And we have ~ladies~ here???

*removes blinders* 8)
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

GnomeBoy wrote:Cool story. Call anytime.

Welcome! The chips are over there...

...And we have ~ladies~ here???

*removes blinders* 8)
My friend's wife plays with us. If it weren't for our kids being so young, my wife and another friend's wife would both be playing, too. :-)

I actually find women tabletop gamers are MORE bloodthirsty / violent than men. It's kind of funny. My wife, in particular, gets very antsy if there's too much talkin', and not enough killin'.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

GnomeBoy wrote:...And we have ~ladies~ here???
Playtesters for Revelation of Mulmo: Morgan Clayton, Heather Bishop, Garett Oliver, Mike Bishop. Phillip Robiehaud, Katy Grabstas, and Tamoril Dembeck-Kerekes.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

I have no illusions/blinders about women playing DCC and other games.

But his comment inferred that there were female members of the forum, which I hadn't noticed/picked-up-on, and was doing my best double-take about.*

Are women posting here, just not making a point of pointing it out? Are women lurking, but not posting?

Just curious. I was under the impression we were all dudes, so far... *snorks, spits, uses an expletive, and casually adjusts himself*

* It wasn't my best.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

Oh yeah hahah... well, yeah I doubt it. I think it implies a certain level of geekery to be on a forum about gaming, versus at a table rolling dice. I mean, the term is "fanboi" for a reason, right? heh.
Amanchanamun
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Amanchanamun »

Hi guys. My name is Berkay.

We are band of people of playing this game in Turkey.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Amanchanamun wrote:Hi guys. My name is Berkay.

Hey, greetings from Hungary! How is the rpg scene in Turkey?
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Caffiend
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Caffiend »

GnomeBoy wrote:Are women posting here, just not making a point of pointing it out? Are women lurking, but not posting?
I posted. :mrgreen:
~Judge Jen
Spellburner, Keeper of Mysteries, and Chief Acolyte* for DCC RPG

*the Dark Master said so!
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Caffiend wrote:
GnomeBoy wrote:Are women posting here, just not making a point of pointing it out? Are women lurking, but not posting?
I posted. :mrgreen:
So you have! :D

Mazkarel
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Mazkarel »

Well with Caffiend there's at least one! I can't remember where I read the initial post, but somewhere a poster made reference to her "geek fiancé" (as opposed to fiancée) so I was pretty sure there were posts by ladies floating around. Of course, it coulda been a typo and I could've been totally off base...
Caffiend
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Caffiend »

beermotor wrote:I think it implies a certain level of geekery to be on a forum about gaming, versus at a table rolling dice.
And....that's a compliment I'll take. But stay the hell away from my dice.
~Judge Jen

Amanchanamun
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Amanchanamun »

Ravenheart87 wrote:
Amanchanamun wrote:Hi guys. My name is Berkay.

Hey, greetings from Hungary! How is the rpg scene in Turkey?
Ravenheart87 wrote:
Improving everyday.

In Istanbul especially , alot of people like pathfinder and it is popular.

second comes world of darkness, vampire masquerade especially is played alot.

third comes the oldschool. dcc is not popular. i am trying my best for to introduce the game here. :P
Moracai
Gongfarmer

Post by Moracai »

My name is Mikko and I'm from Finland. When I first got to know DCC, I was put off by the Zocchi dice and the 0-level culling thing. I kept reading good things about DCC though and recently gave it another chance. Loving it so far, especially the magic system!

So, I'm going to run Portal Under the stars at my place during a barbecue/sauna evening for my regular RPG group. It will be a surprise for them, so to save time I will be using pre-made characters, which is not optimal in my opinion, but has to be done.

Let's see what the old gang has to say about it. As an added twist, the PCs will be slaves, prisoners, desperadoes etc, "working" for an unscrupulous merchant in Punjar. I have thought out two NPCs, which have funny names in Finnish (for example the merchant is called Ahmed-Ahne, which is the translation of Iznogoud cartoon character).

Wish me luck! :D
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Finland is f*cking metal. Welcome aboard and good luck, Moracai!
Stouthart
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Stouthart »

Hello all. I've been gaming for 30 years... started as a wee lad with D&D Basic in 1983. I'm new to DCC RPG... just got the book today! Looking forward to reading through it and getting a game going.

I live and work in East Central Florida (Brevard County.) Currently playing in two games (D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder) and DM-ing another (D&D B/X.)

I've been a fan of Goodman Games since the first DCC module was released over ten years ago.

So anyway... hello to everyone. I look forward to gathering good tips and knowledge from these forums.

- Stouthart
Revelation of Mulmo PbP:
Bloody Jep the Accumulator (chicken butcher Halfling 4); STR 14, AGI 6, STA 17, PER 10, INT 9, LUC 13; Chaotic; AC 14 (Chainmail); HP 29; Dual-wield Handaxes; Blinded Left Eye; Follower of Cadixtat, the chaos Titan
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Hello & welcome.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Ceronomus
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Dungeon Games - Estero, FL

Post by Ceronomus »

Hi there,
I've lurked for a while, but my wife insists that I introduce myself if I'm going to post anything. Since she's my DCC GM, I'm not about to risk ticking her off.

I'm a native of Chicago, living down in SW Florida, by way of Atlanta, Las Vegas, and too many other places to count. I've been gaming since the days of the little brown books, and I' must say that DCC recaptures the feeling of Epic Fantasy that I had in my MIND when reading those old books. Looking at them now? Most of that feeling back then was washing over from the novels I was reading, not from the game.

DCC really does live up to my youthful expectations.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay!
Ceronomus wrote:Since she's my DCC GM, I'm not about to risk ticking her off.
Cool wife you've got there. :)
Stinky1EyedOgre
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Stinky1EyedOgre »

Thought I should introduce myself. Hi my name is Bill and I have been gaming since 1979. Started out with the Holmes D&D Box set and AD&D 1e. Played solidly into the 1990's. Played most of the old TSR catalog of RPG's as well as a few others. I got back into gaming in the last year. Got my first introduction to DCC back in February and have been hooked ever since.I currently play in an OSR gaming group. I am working on getting a local neighborhood group off the ground. We are going to be playing DCC, D&D B/X, AD&D 1e, Star Frontiers, V&V, Gamma World, James Bond 007, Battle tech... among other games. I have a feeling most of it will be DCC! :D
Nos Plaga Qui Nos Opprimunt!
Caffiend
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Caffiend »

Ravenheart87 wrote:Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay!
Ceronomus wrote:Since she's my DCC GM, I'm not about to risk ticking her off.
Cool wife you've got there. :)
:wink:
~Judge Jen

Raskin
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Raskin »

Been playing DCC RPG since I took park in a Michael Curtis public event, have been running it for a few months now. I recently ran my first road crew event, and it was received well by the store, and players. I hope to have a open public game once a moth or more at my FLGS. I love this game.
chiisu81
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by chiisu81 »

Hello all! Starting gaming back in the early 90s with AD&D 2E and Rifts, and kinda fell out of it by the time 3E rolled around. Came back a few years ago thanks to the OSR and have bought probably every game I could get my hands on. As mentioned I was initially put off by the odd die and such, but I knew from The Dungeon Alphabet how good Goodman Game's offerings could be. Bought the PDF in a sale and was absolutely the best read of any RPG I've ever experienced. Recently took the plunge on a print copy (the normal cover, wallet is gearing up for an Easley copy!), and along with the excellent DCC tools from Purple Sorcerer Games I look forward to introducing many people to this outstanding game!
Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Skyscraper »

Stinky1EyedOgre wrote:Thought I should introduce myself. Hi my name is Bill and I write in a color that is painful to read.
There, I corrected that for you Bill.

Haha, just pulling your leg ;)

Welcome aboard, hope you have as much fun with DCC as I am.
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
cheefer
Gongfarmer

Post by cheefer »

Hi guys!

Name here is Josh, and I'm from Portland, Oregon! Discovered DCC via the Crawl! fanzine in a local infoshop, and thought I'd come by the forums and say hello!

Used to play D&D and AD&D back during school (stayed in during all our recesses and played in the library). I've been playing a little d20, but would love to get back to something with a more old school feel.

Anyone running any games in the Portland, OR area that is looking for another player?

Nice to meet you all!

-Josh (Cheefer)
henis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by henis »

Well after nearly a year in the shadows, thought it was about time I introduced myself

Hi, I'm Cooper, and I hail from Fayetteville, Arkansas. I've been playing since 3.0 D&D and use to play many of the 3.5 DCC adventures, that's how I discovered DCC RPG.

Honestly, I really haven't played DCC RPG that much, maybe three times including the funnel, which is always awesome. I have though judged the game on numerous occasions, including running my friends from the portal under the stars to the swaps of The Hound of Hirot and down to The People of the Pit.

However, due to my location I'ts kind of hard to play. So I'd thought I'd get on here and throw a shout out to anyone online or in the area interested in playing, I have some home-brewed adventures I would like to give a run or play-test.

Also, Thank you everyone at Goodman Games for creating such a game, I have been with the system since beta and pre-ordered the gold edition the moment I saw it. I must honestly say that this is my new "go to" game.

Return to “DCC RPG General”