Introductions Thread - Join the Band!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Re: Introductions Thread - Join the Band!

Post by Skyscraper »

People from all over the world joining... welcome aboard! :)
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
mossman81
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by mossman81 »

Hello everyone my name is Roberto and i live in Chicago Il. Im 32 and been a gamer for most of my life. I guess I started with Heroquest and Mutant Chronicles before I knew they were gateway games. The first version of DnD I played was AD&D with the black books. After that I got into third edition and tried all kinds of games since. From Palladium to WHFRP ive tried lots of different systems. I took a break for a couple of years and got back into roleplaying with Pathfinder for a nice family game. Its pretty rare that I get many sessions in so I also mini-wargame to satisfy my urge to game and paint in my free time. Anyway early last year I discovered DCC and fell in love. It reminded me of how I looked at DnD when I first discovered it as a kid. I was in awe of the book and system. Ive only had a hand full of sessions with it but I really love what ive played. Anyway thanks and hello!
GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

I was directed here from a pbp game recruitment over on The Unseen Servant website my MrHemlocks.
Squeatus
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Squeatus »

My name's Gavin, I live in Northern Illinois about ten minutes from the Wisconsin border.

Been playing RPG's since the early 80's with Moldvay D&D in second grade. Loved all editions through 3.5. I felt a lot of really great, creative people got scorched by The Great 4th Edition IP-Hoarding and 3PP Abandoning Initiative of 2007. I wish the poor, trapped souls at WotC the best--but for the last 7 years and the foreseeable future I'm sticking with publishers who can let their love of the game have an influence on their decisions.

I'm furious I let "dependence" on Zocchi dice stop me from cracking open DCC until the GM's Day Sale at rpgnow this past week. I've been consuming the rulebook non-stop ever since. I cannot WAIT to funnel my players, and I can't wait for them to churn my level-0's after I infect them with Appendix N-School gaming.

Obligatory favorite game list:
Paranoia 2E
Shadowrun

Moldvay D&D (She was the first...)
1E
Pathfinder (Say what you will about the mechanics, the fluff is brilliant and the Elder Gods lurk there too!)
Swords & Wizardry and OSRIC (Wonderful reworkings of the rules to bring old adventures alive without conversion. My kids appreciate the simplicity)
DCC RPG -- Yeah, it's already on my list.

What I'm watching:
True Detective: Don't read any spoilers, just watch it already.

What I'm listening to:
Spellburn (yeah, I'm hooked, seriously)
Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Skyscraper »

Welcome!
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

Welcome Squeatus!

Churning your players in the funnel is one of life's sweetest treasures. ;)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
Squeatus
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Squeatus »

tovokas wrote:Welcome Squeatus!

Churning your players in the funnel is one of life's sweetest treasures. ;)
I'll have plenty of opportunity, I think.

I bought all your stuff.

OM NOM NOM NOM
Karic
Gongfarmer

Post by Karic »

Hello everyone, my name is Keith. Been playing games since 1981, and am loving the DCC community, RPG, and all the supplements and bits and pieces I have picked up recently.

Great system, makes me feel like a kid again...all my players are excited also. We were all getting a little sick of the crunchy games. Local LFGS owner turned me on to DCC RPG recently. LOL I have lost all motivation to play anything but DCC for the time being.

Thanks in advance for letting me ask any questions I may have.
Wayfaring_Sword
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Wayfaring_Sword »

Hello!

I am longtime fan and was actually part of the DCC Playtest and played in the Dicehead Games playtest of Module #71 "The 13th Skull." Our claim to fame was we were the playtest group that managed to save the duke's daughter. I played the thief and while the rest of the party attacked the demon I ran off with the distessed maiden. Ever since then I have been a huge fan of DCC. I have not managed to get a lot of playing time in sadly. I have tied to push DCC locally but most folks where I live refuse to play a game that doesn't have multiple source books that are mandatory at the table.

Anyway, I have been around here, mainly lurking in the shadows. I am determined to get a regular DCC Game going. Just thought I would officially pop in and introduce myself. I am going to GEN CON for the first time this year and I am really looking forward to playing DCC.

Wishing you all nothing but the best,

Fred

aka

the Wayfaring Sword
Last edited by Wayfaring_Sword on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Wayfaring Sword

DCC Playtest 2011: Dicehead Games
The 13th Skull Playtest: Saved the duke's daughter
Notable DCC Character: Throdd the Slayer
BloodyIgor
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by BloodyIgor »

Hello, My name is Matt and I am a host on Not Just Another Gaming Podcast. I just played DCC for the first time at DexCon. And I loved it. I started playing RPGs in the very early 80s with AD&D 1E. DCC is very old school and smooths out some of the rules. I can't wait to play this game again. My initial thoughts and review of DCC are in our latest episode, if you care to listen. I look forward to talking all about DCC with all of you soon. http://www.njagp.com/
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

Welcome Matt! I hope you enjoy this community as much as I do. We also have a very active G+ community with a lot of overlap with these forums.
Terry Olson
BloodyIgor
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by BloodyIgor »

Pesky wrote:Welcome Matt! I hope you enjoy this community as much as I do. We also have a very active G+ community with a lot of overlap with these forums.
I'm new to using G+. Just learning who to navigate it. Can you tell me the name of the community? Thanks

Never mind. Found it.
rymoore
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by rymoore »

My name is Ryan. I've been playing RPGs since my mom bought me the Moldvay Red box in 4th grade at the suggestion of my teacher. Apparently, I was bored in class. I'm pretty sure I wasn't bored after that. I bought DCC when it was first released and fell in love with it. DCC brought me into the whole OSR movement. A picture in the book lead me North Texas RPG con, which lead me to the OSR movement, which lead me to lots of stuff, including all the cool DCC zines. I write a blog at http://www.channel-zero.net
My Blog:http://www.channel-zero.net

Bride of the Black Manse Playtest NTRPGcon 2013:One arm was a tentacle, they cut off my other hand.
BernieTheFlumph
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by BernieTheFlumph »

Howdy folks, good to met you all!
I heard a lot about DCC from other people, but I never gave it much of a look until recently. I took the plunge a few months ago, and now I love it with the passion of a thousand suns.

I've been playing RPGs since the mid-80s, in a wide variety of styles and genres. I'm an RPG blogger, illustrator, and writer, and I'm fairly active on Google+. I live in the wilds of Toledo, OH with my wife (also a gamer), our son, and two cats of suspicious character.

Favorite Games
Dunegons & Dragons (Rules Cyclopedia)
QAGS
Fate Accelerated
Dogs in the Vineyard

Currently Playing
Dungeon Crawl Classics (running)
Carcosa (playing)
Icons (playing)
Smallville (playing)

Currently Reading
Elric at the End of Time

Currently Watching
Adventure Time

Currently Listening
Dead Author's Podcast
-Josh Burnett-
Bernie the Flumph
fym66
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by fym66 »

Hi! I'm Ed, a crazy redneck biochemist out of Southern Michigan. I play way too many games. I love DCCRPG, DnD (all editions), Shadowrun, board games, video games, and reading.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

fym66 wrote:Hi! I'm Ed, a crazy redneck biochemist out of Southern Michigan. I play way too many games. I love DCCRPG, DnD (all editions), Shadowrun, board games, video games, and reading.
Welcome aboard Ed.

What does fym66 represent, if anything?
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

Hi Ed! Welcome :)
Playing since about 1980
Latest games: DCC RPG of course!
Quote I like: "I am on a computer therfore I am" (Alan Plater)
fym66
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by fym66 »

JediOre wrote:
fym66 wrote:Hi! I'm Ed, a crazy redneck biochemist out of Southern Michigan. I play way too many games. I love DCCRPG, DnD (all editions), Shadowrun, board games, video games, and reading.
Welcome aboard Ed.

What does fym66 represent, if anything?
Fine Young Misanthrope and My birthday is June 6th
likeluke
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by likeluke »

hey yall!

my name is luke, i live in NYC, and my D&D group has been playing DCC for a little over a year now. i got started with AD&D when i was in 4th or 5th grade, and played until i started high school and my group sort of fell apart. i finally found my new party about 6 years ago and have loved making up for lost play time since then. :D we started off with 3.5, transitioned to pathfinder, and then tried labyrinth lord before our DM suggested we try DCC, and we all quickly fell in love with the system. it's a perfect fit for us, especially since we're a bunch of dark souls enthusiasts, lol

i make music for a living, so i naturally spend a lot of time preparing music for our games. i have a bunch of different playlists for different scenarios, and recently started doing some sound design for our games as well, it's made our games so much more immersive and immediate.

anyways, hello!
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

Welcome likeluke!

And in times past I've done the same with writing music for my group, and it's was fun to have a ready outlet for expressing a different style music. :)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
TallGoblin
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by TallGoblin »

Hello everyone! My name is John, 40 year old social worker and huge fan of DCC RPG. I love the sytem, the adventures and pretty much everything about this game. It's the total package.

My only problem is I've had no luck finding people in my city to play. I've ran a couple funnels but didn't have any interest after that. I've played a few games on G+ hangouts and those were fun but not the same as getting a table full of people together to roll dice and hang out.

I live in Louisville, KY. If there is anyone in the Louisville/Southern IN area on here interested in playing. Hit me up!
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Welcome!

I'm sorry to say that Louisville is a bit much of a commute for me to make it to a game.

...I'm in California.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

GnomeBoy wrote:Welcome!

I'm sorry to say that Louisville is a bit much of a commute for me to make it to a game.

...I'm in California.
GnomeBoy, you wimp! Why, when I was your age, I had to walk from Boston to San Diego up hill, both ways everyday to go to school! This is a chance to game man, you should already be driving.

Welcome to the boards TallGoblin. My problem isn't friends that don't want to game, it's I don't have time hardly at all to even see my buds. I wish you the best. Have you anyone at your employment that might like to take a lunch once a week and game? That's about the only way I get to game these days. My two friends at work and I game once a week when our schedules allow for it. We alternate between Castles & Crusades, DCC-RPG, and X-Plorers. Concerning the DCC-RPG, they went through Sailors on the Starless Sea and each now have two 1st level characters and two 0-levels.
Weisenwolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Weisenwolf »

Hi guys,

Just managed to get onto the forum.

I'm in the UK not far from Oxford and an Old School B/X gamer at heart.

And although I have had a go at most RPG's over the years and read almost all of them this is the first rule book I have opened for at least three decades and immediately been overwhelmed with a desire to play it :D

It has all the simple stuff I love in basic, race as class, lady luck 'RAW' stat generation, light core rules, short list of weapons & armour and so on. The extra complexity (and it's not much) is about giving ALL the classes more 'character' and making them more fun to play, of making magic an epic undertaking, no longer is the Wizard 'D4 & dagger baggage' with one sleep spell, no longer do we need The Ranger, Paladin & Barbarian because the Warrior is boring, no longer is every character quickly sparkling with 'mundane' magic items.

The whole game drips with atmosphere & quality, it is a pleasure to read and read again and the art work is pure 70's & 80's with a bit of 21st century imagination & style, I love it :wink:

It feels like the first time I opened my crisp new copy of basic D&D in the 70's except this is a proper 'Tome', big as a travelling spell book and just as carefully scribed. Not a feeling I ever even dreamed I would enjoy again as a middle aged man which makes it all the more precious and for that I thank all at Goodman Games and Jo in particular from the pit of my soul.

So anyway, Hello everyone, could I join the band please?
Weisenwolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Weisenwolf »

Ah I'm supposed to do an RPG game list too, well here it is then:

DCC
B/X D&D
Dragon Warriors
A bit of LBB Traveller
A bit of 1st Edition runequest (& Stormbringer, Call of Cthulhu)
A bit of MERP & Dragonquest
A bit of the old Star Wars RPG (& Star Warriors)

Return to “DCC RPG General”