Introductions Thread - Join the Band!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

webcatcher
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Introductions Thread - Join the Band!

Post by webcatcher »

Hey, new DCC-er from East Tennessee stopping in. Love the game, guys.
Maxwell Luther
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Maxwell Luther »

I'm Nathaniel Torson, I'm a grad student at UTD, studying sound and game design. I'm running the game for my monthly gaming group who managed to kill off 23 peasants in the Starless Sea and are now chomping at the bit for more DCC. As players who relish being reavers and cutthroats once a month and manage to burn down at least on or two villages in every campaign we run, no matter what the setting (lament for the poor peoples of Middle-Earth and Titan), this system is the best fit I've ever found for them.

I'm running a demo for the Strategy Game Club up at UTD on October the 16th, so if you're in the area, let me know...
asolbar
Gongfarmer

Post by asolbar »

Hello,

I'm Alberto. I've been a weekend dungeoner for the most part of my life, and now I'm leaving a ten years pause of playing. Today I've bought the Jeff Easley ed of DCCRPG. What a little gem in my hands! I can't wait to summon my friends to get them into the funnel. What a great idea!

Best regards from Catalonia!
Angerforce
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Angerforce »

Hi! My name is Björn and I live in Uppsala, Sweden. I have been a fan of DCC for a long time, but having been a student for the past five years, I have not been able to justify the expense of ordering the core book (that shipping over the Atlantic is just -crazy- expensive). Well, now that I'm not a student anymore I finally ordered the core book (wizard cover, yay!) Sailors of the Starless Sea, the Dungeon Alphabet and all the first level modules that were in stock. Looking forward to running DCC when the books (hopefully) arrive in a couple of weeks, and being a part of the DCC community!

Cheers!

/Judge Angerforce AKA Björn Ängerfors
rredmond
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rredmond »

Welcome all!
Cool introductions.
--Ron--
pawndream
Gongfarmer

Post by pawndream »

Hello folks.

My name is Shane and I first got into RPGs by way of a friend's older sister's boyfriend running us kids through 1st edition AD&D dungeoncrawl in the summer of 1984. I was instantly hooked and begged, borrowed, and yes, even stole, to acquire my own D&D books. Over the years I have played many different games, though D&D (in all its incarnations) has always been my main go-to game.

Been eyeing DCC for a few years now and finally made the plunge to buy the book. In terms of style, it's probably one of the coolest RPG books I have ever seen. I don't know how they were able to jam all the artwork into the book, but it truly is a visual feast from start to finish. The game seems pretty cool as well. I just wish there was an easier way to find the special dice that are used in the game. Oh well...

I am currently playing in a DCC play-by-post game and toying with running my own, though my pbp plate is full at the moment. Maybe I can wrap one of my games up to free up some space :)
rredmond
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rredmond »

Welcome pawndream, there's DCC PbP action going on over at www.unseenservant.us as well!
Unfortunately PbP is the majority of what I play now, I really enjoy it, but would prefer face to face.

Be well,
--Ron--
bbarsh
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by bbarsh »

Bill Barsh here. I have enjoyed Joe's products for years but I am back in full-on geek mode with DCC RPG.

Joe has been kind enough to license Pacesetter Games & Simulations for DCC module production and I will not waste much time. The first release will be a set of six modules featuring your favorite giants. Starting off with a new giant class, fog giant, for DCC...I am sure the TPKs will mount quickly. Three of these adventures were previously released in digest form in conjunction with Center Stage Miniatures to launch their new miniature giants (that sure sounds strange). The DCC adventures will be expanded to about twice the size - roughly a 28-32 page full size module. Each module will have the option of purchasing CSM miniatures at a discount. Still working that out, though. Kickstarter would be the easy way to go for the series, but I need to work out some additional details. Either way, look for some giants soon! These adventures are fast-paced and, I feel, have that classic old school vibe.

I plan on running some DCC adventures - possibly playtests - at Gary Con and the North Texas RPG Con this upcoming year. Hope to see some of you there, and I will try and drop in here and post my two cents about this fantastic rpg.
Primus
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Primus »

bbarsh +1
THE ONE AND THE PRIME....NEVER FORGOTTEN
mightyuncle
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by mightyuncle »

Hi everyone, Andy here.

I'm a player from the San Francisco Bay Area and I started with 2e AD&D, moved to 3.0 when that debuted during my late high school days, and soon devolved all the way down to Moldvay during college. I've run a couple campaigns but I'm more of a player than a GM. Maybe that will change with time as I've been pouring over the DCCRPG book for several months now, loving its flexibility and simplicity. I'm groupless at the moment so if anyone is looking for another player in the area, whether it's AD&D1e, B/X, DCC, or Other Dust (I'd really like to play this one, more), I'm game.
justinian
Gongfarmer

Post by justinian »

Hello! I'm a new DCC enthusiast from central Pennsylvania. I am young-ish for an OSR type (28). I began playing D&D in high school when a friend's dad was running a big 1st edition game at their house once a month. I ran a 1e game in college that took players from 1st level to ~9th level over the course of year and a half. I essentially majored in D&D over that time. I've also run New World of Darkness and 4th Edition D&D. I've played in all of those games, and I've also played some GURPS and Shadowrun.

Currently, I'm running a 1e game set in Ratik in the World of Greyhawk. I'm looking forward to the next TPK, so I can start over with 0-Level DCC :twisted: I'm also hoping to start an online game of DCC with my old college friends.

I didn't see any other Pennsylvania folks in the previous introductions :( If there are any DCC players in PA, let me know. I travel all over the state for work, and I would love to get some pick up games of any OSR game.
rredmond
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rredmond »

Warms my heart to read old school game goodness!
Welcome everyone,
--Ron--
hughnme
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by hughnme »

Hi Everyone,

I'm Hugh and I'm from Melbourne Australia.I discovered Goodman Games through their wonderful Age of Cthulhu line.I heard about the DCC RPG on a podcast and a little later a friend told me on Facebook about the Goodman Games sale so no excuse I thought not to buy the core rule book for Christmas.

This led to a bit of drama on my part http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... =1&t=45793 however I still keen to run the game in the new year (provided I can find a core book for less than a small fortune) for my gaming groups.

The Spellburn podcast has got me juiced to play and I guess has led me here,looks like you have a cool community and I look forward to what is to come from the game line.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Welcome to Sherwood! :mrgreen:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
HelterSkeletor
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by HelterSkeletor »

Hello! I'm coming to you from the midwaste of these United States.
I'm a 30 something graphic designer and heavy metal maniac (with a punk rock heart).

From as far back as I can remember, I was watching Conan, Krull, Time Bandits, Rankin and Bass' The Hobbit, masters of the universe, Beastmaster, Star Wars, the dungeons and dragons cartoon (of course!) etc. all that great 80's stuff, so I was hooked on fantasy from the jump. As soon as I could read- it was choose your own adventure books. From there, I moved on to comic books, conan novels, the dragonlance chronicles and Hero Quest, so I really wanted to get into real D&D, but nobody I knew really played. Some older kids claimed to, but never invited me to their games. Eventually, I happened to acquire a monster manual and a few old modules and cobbled together a bastardized version of basic D&D that we just called "The Quest" .
This went on for a short time, but my friends got into sports and I got into magic: the gathering (it was a lot less work haha). After I stopped playing (9th grade), I gave up on games in favor of playing music, but still enjoyed fantasy comics and novels. Got into A Song of Ice and Fire at the turn of the century and started longing to RP again, but an opportunity never presented itself until now.

Some friends and I started playing DCC this past summer, after initially planning to play 1st edition D&D. Most of our crew are in their mid 20's- early 30's and hadn't RP'd since our teens, but were feeling the urge to get back into it. However, before we got started on our D&D game, our DM/GM/Judge found out about DCC and it sounded exactly like the gaming experience we were after. It was! We fell in love with it. I particularly love the sh*t out of the thrilling panic of the character funnel! We have been playing almost every week since.

Looking forward to learning more about the system and possibly getting in on one of the play-by-post games!
rredmond
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rredmond »

Great story! I loved all the same shows.
Welcome!
--Ron--
HelterSkeletor
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by HelterSkeletor »

Thanks!
Baraccus
Gongfarmer

Post by Baraccus »

Hello! I'm Randy from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I started playing 1st Edition D&D around 1978 and then some second edition through to the late 80's. The group grew up and got their own lives, so I hung it up until 3.5 came out. I have been back, and hard at it, ever since. I was a Venture Lieutenant for PFS, but unfortunately after a year, work got in the way, so I resigned but am still a hard core gamer. Although I loved the Pathfinder game, it has become far to rigid and rules heavy for my liking anymore. Now the rules lawyers are running the tables. I wanted to get back to running games where the rules are the guideline, not the law. Now I run a Swords and Wizardry campaign, and want to start a DCC RPG campaign. I really enjoyed reading the core book, and now I'm hoping to put it into practice.
Richie
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Richie »

Hi! I'm Richie from Melbourne Australia. Started with Mentzer D&D in the early 80s then onto AD&D 2nd Ed. Just when it was being released in Australia in the late 80s. Played numerous genres and rule sets since then. On to story games in the last few years. Stumbled across DCC RPG randomly at a FLGS with a critical Luck check just before xmas. It's been blowing my mind for the last month, I can't get enough. Some of the wonder and excitement I first had when cracking my new AD&D books has been rekindled, a sentiment echoed by many others I know. I usually prefer to play, rather than GM, but I'm currently running my home group through SotSS. We've almost been through the dungeon twice. One TPK, one almost TPK and still no level 1s. :lol: Looks like there will be a new funnel and new batch of 0s next sesh. I didn't know I was such a killer GM but I'm loving this.
rredmond
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rredmond »

Welcome Randy and Richie,
Great stories. Nothing like a good TPK!

Be well,
--Ron--
manicmundy
Gongfarmer

Post by manicmundy »

Greetings One and All,

My name is Rich and I am relatively ancient but by no means a grognard. I live in New Jersey and work in health care. I first started rolling the weird dice in 1980 and have tried my hand at a multitude of RPGs, with my favorites being ADnD, Paranoia, CoC, the Dying Earth, and, dare I say it, DnD 4e. I hope the last doesn't make me a pariah! I have only been to one Gencon, but will rectify that this year when I attend with my daughter, and I hope to meet the DCC crew as well. I am finding the DCC RPG incredibly entertaining, and it really does feel like the good old days of dark dungeoneering are back!
donpimpom
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by donpimpom »

Hola!
My name is Jaume, I got my DCC rulebook last xmas and I'm still reading it, so, we can say I'm still under the shock effect.
But I'm firmly decided to gather my old group of players (from the times of the good old red box) and have some fun with DCC.
Sooner or later I will bother you with my list of doubts; if I don't find them explained in other threads of the forum :wink:
ravenspoe
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ravenspoe »

Wow! I have been on these boards for awhile and I have never introduced myself.
My name is James Carpio and I am the sole proprietor of Chapter 13 Press (a third party publisher of DCC).
I am a California native living in New England and I am completely obsessed with gaming of all types.
I am a big fan of Roger Corman movies, Batman, and role playing game mechanics.
Outside of publishing I am an editor for Gygax Magazine, and direct the analog gaming programing for ConnectiCon. I look to be posting more in 2014 and get to know more of you in the DCC community.
Rev. James Carpio - Freelance Writer & Game Designer
Sole Proprietor - Chapter 13 Press
http://www.Hexgeneration.com Post Punk and OSR Gaming from the Generation X point of view.
futureisstupid
Gongfarmer

Post by futureisstupid »

Hi, guys! I'm Alex from Moscow, Russia. I'm an cg, airbrush and pinstripe artist. DMing tabletop rpgs for couple of years. Got my DCC book yesterday, planning to junge my first 0-lever adventure.
rredmond
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rredmond »

Welcome everybody!
I'm mainly a lurker, but members are nice, and helpful.
Enjoy!
--Ron--

Return to “DCC RPG General”