Free RPG Day - Pregens

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

adminfoo
Ill-Fated Peasant

Free RPG Day - Pregens

Post by adminfoo »

Sorry if this has already been answered in another thread, but I couldn't find it.

I'm running the 5th level module at Yottaquest in Cincinnati on the 16th, and I was wondering if I needed to go ahead and knock out some pregens, or if there were some 'official' ones already available.

Thanks!
IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Free RPG Day - Pregens

Post by IronWolf »

adminfoo wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered in another thread, but I couldn't find it.

I'm running the 5th level module at Yottaquest in Cincinnati on the 16th, and I was wondering if I needed to go ahead and knock out some pregens, or if there were some 'official' ones already available.
I can't comment on the official pregens, but if you do end up needing to make your own, don't miss Purple Sorcerer's random character creator for higher levels:

http://purplesorcerer.com/create_upper.htm
Hand of Mystra
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Hand of Mystra »

ditto. I was hoping to be able to run these Free RPG day without any other references.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

ditto. But, if need be, I will make do! :twisted:
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Hand of Mystra
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Hand of Mystra »

Here is a quite from one of Raven's threads!
goodmangames wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:If in Toronto, I'll be running these at Dueling Grounds, at Noon for the 3rd level adventure, and at 3 pm for the 5th level adventure.

BTW, @goodman: Will there be pregens included for the demo players, or should I whip some up for this?
Excellent, thanks for running the game!

The module itself does not include pregens (tough to fit them into the tight page count) but we will be posting them online a few days before the event.
so I think we will be OK.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Hand of Mystra wrote:Here is a quite from one of Raven's threads!
goodmangames wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:If in Toronto, I'll be running these at Dueling Grounds, at Noon for the 3rd level adventure, and at 3 pm for the 5th level adventure.

BTW, @goodman: Will there be pregens included for the demo players, or should I whip some up for this?
Excellent, thanks for running the game!

The module itself does not include pregens (tough to fit them into the tight page count) but we will be posting them online a few days before the event.
so I think we will be OK.
Yes, but we are now "a few days before the event" and, it takes some time to prep a suitable 3rd and 5th level adventuring party. I have my regular group making some 5th level characters right now, just in case. Boy scout motto, you know. :wink:
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Hand of Mystra
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Hand of Mystra »

I am running at a store with walk-in players. Would you mind sharing the PCs that you make, if I get desperate?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Pregens will be posted later this week. Here are the secret links if you want to download early. :) And yes these were hand-written by the authors...we figured that would be more "old-school" than some modern typeface!

http://www.goodman-games.com/downloads/ ... uption.pdf
http://www.goodman-games.com/downloads/ ... eweler.pdf

Side note: I will be at Game Kastle in Santa Clara, CA on Free RPG Day signing autographs for the first couple hours after they open. Come on by!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
adminfoo
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by adminfoo »

goodmangames wrote:Pregens will be posted later this week. Here are the secret links if you want to download early. :) And yes these were hand-written by the authors...we figured that would be more "old-school" than some modern typeface!
Love it! I'll definitely use these.
Thanks again for the awesome support!
IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by IronWolf »

goodmangames wrote:Pregens will be posted later this week. Here are the secret links if you want to download early. :) And yes these were hand-written by the authors...we figured that would be more "old-school" than some modern typeface!

http://www.goodman-games.com/downloads/ ... uption.pdf
http://www.goodman-games.com/downloads/ ... eweler.pdf

Awesome! Hand-written is an excellent touch!
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Thanks for posting these. If nothing else, it will be nice to have some examples handy for folks to look at. (Most of my demo will involve zeroes...) 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Aplus
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Aplus »

I made some premades for the White Plume Mountain adventure I am running on Free RPG Day. They are level 5, with (almost) no magic items and minimal equipment. There are two of each human class and one of each demi-human class. Hopefully somebody else gets some use out of them, because I spent a LONG-ass time putting these together, along with putting together the spell references for the players. I did not include the spell sheets, since that is more or less just cutting pages out of the PDF, and I'm assuming Goodman Games would rather not have me posting that on the internet (although definitely let me know if that is not the case and I will be happy to put in the spell packet for each caster character).

Anyways, here they are:
DCC Level 5 Pregens
Check out my DCC Resources Page for cool stuff!
dunbruha
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by dunbruha »

Aplus wrote:Anyways, here they are:
DCC Level 5 Pregens
Snagged! Thank you!
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

This idea comes too late for Free RPG day, but if folks could come up with 'level appropriate' magic item lists, I'd be happy to integrate them as an option in the Upper Level Character Generator for future events.
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com

Return to “DCC RPG General”