Homemade Slipcase

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

bizarrojoe
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Homemade Slipcase

Post by bizarrojoe »

Hi all,

I wanted to share some pics of a homemade slipcase I made for my DCC RPG books. I used the slipcase from an old 3M boardgame, and made some giant labels to cover up the original ones. The interior box that originally lived inside the slipcase (not pictured) now holds supplementary materials (extra modules, printed reference booklets, Crawl! issues, and a custom portable DM screen).

Personally, I would love to purchase a real form-fitting slipcase, should one ever be made available for sale 8)

Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Homemade Slipcase

Post by Ogrepuppy »

bizarrojoe wrote:I would love to purchase a real form-fitting slipcase, should one ever be made available for sale 8)

I see what you did there!

(Hopefully, so did Joseph.) ;)
Galadrin
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Galadrin »

Groovy, I like the wood aesthetic (reminds me of the first printing wood-colored OD&D boxed set).
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

As a "slipcase" I'm still using the box my pre-order came in. When I opened it I only opened one side so that I can still slide the book in and out and it fits tight.

Not as cool as yours, however. :oops:
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
oktoberguard
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by oktoberguard »

Very nice! I should probably try to come up with something similar so I can keep my copy looking good.
Semi-Retired Gamer
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Wizard's Asylum

Post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

I need one of those!
Charlie
----------------------------------------------------
I (mainly) blog about role-playing topics at The Semi-Retired Gamer.

Reading: The Lair of Bones by David Farland.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

The slipcase is very cool!

While we are on the subject, here is a quick update on upcoming covers. The "basic" 2nd printing will have the existing "blue" cover. There will also be two alternate covers. Doug had some ideas for a very cool painted cover, which will be the first alternate cover. It will be available in late October. The second alternate cover for the 2nd printing is being painted by a TSR veteran. It will be available later in the year, probably December. All of these covers will have the same "guts" as the basic 2nd printing, just different covers.

I had considered a slipcase for one of the alternate covers. To do as you have done - leaving space for other books - is difficult from a logistics perspective. It is hard to ship without being crushed or damaged. A "tight" slipcase that encloses only the book it comes with is more feasible (but expensive).

As an aside, DCC #71: The 13th Skull also has a silver foil alternate cover, which I will post soon. I originally titled this adventure The Silver Skull (as those of you who have played it will understand) and a silver-foil cover featuring a skull seemed appropriate. The third printing of The Dungeon Alphabet will also have an alternate cover, printed in gold foil by Stefan Poag, which turned out great.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Black Dougal
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Total Escape Games, Broomfield CO

Post by Black Dougal »

goodmangames wrote:The slipcase is very cool!

While we are on the subject, here is a quick update on upcoming covers. The "basic" 2nd printing will have the existing "blue" cover. There will also be two alternate covers. Doug had some ideas for a very cool painted cover, which will be the first alternate cover. It will be available in late October. The second alternate cover for the 2nd printing is being painted by a TSR veteran. It will be available later in the year, probably December. All of these covers will have the same "guts" as the basic 2nd printing, just different covers.

I had considered a slipcase for one of the alternate covers. To do as you have done - leaving space for other books - is difficult from a logistics perspective. It is hard to ship without being crushed or damaged. A "tight" slipcase that encloses only the book it comes with is more feasible (but expensive).

As an aside, DCC #71: The 13th Skull also has a silver foil alternate cover, which I will post soon. I originally titled this adventure The Silver Skull (as those of you who have played it will understand) and a silver-foil cover featuring a skull seemed appropriate. The third printing of The Dungeon Alphabet will also have an alternate cover, printed in gold foil by Stefan Poag, which turned out great.
This is great news. I can't wait to see the new covers. :-)
"The Black Dougal" (formerly known as dkeester) -- DCCRPG Fan Boy since 2010
DCCRPG PC Death Toll: 25

DCCRPG Playtests: Tacticon 2010, GenghisCon 2011, Tacticon 2011, GenghisCon 2012
Member: The DCC Expendables (Denver, CO)

Doug may very well hold the dubious title of “most DCC RPG PCs lost during the course of convention play.”
--Harley Stroh

Return to “DCC RPG General”