Where's my PDF?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Dagonazrael
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Where's my PDF?

Post by Dagonazrael »

Reposted on advice - I'm happy to have the other thread deleted...

I have been excited about the full rules for a very long time! I ordered it so long ago that when the packahe arrived last week from USA I had no idea what it was. VERY pleasant surprise, and I have already started playing with my group.

I have not received the PDF yet. I have tried to contact info@goodmangames about this but no response. I am VERY pleased with the product, but since I shelled out 60 dollars incl postage I thought I might have my PDF by now. Anyone know how this happens and who I might contact to get it sorted?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Where's my PDF?

Post by goodmangames »

Send me a PM with your contact info, and please disable all spam filters on your account. The PDF was sent a month ago, and we answer every email to the info@GG address, so this sounds like a case of spam filters keeping you from getting the emails.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Dagonazrael
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Dagonazrael »

Apparently I'm too much of a newb to pm? Can that be right?
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Dagonazrael wrote:Apparently I'm too much of a newb to pm? Can that be right?
Argh. Forgot about that. You needed 3 posts and you only had 2 so PM options were blocked for you. :oops:

The good news is that you're up to 3 now! 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Dagonazrael
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Dagonazrael »

Okay two things:

(i) perhaps not spambox, most likely my own email incompetence was what was at fault here. In any case, I have received swift and personable service from GG. Thanks very much indeed!
(ii) more importantly, I now have the PDF. It would be most accurate to describe me as doubly, rather than totally, satisfied. My players can now have the book while I consult that crazy magic duel table on my iPad!

Anyone know the cheapest way to buy zocchi dice in the UK?
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

Hi Dragonazrael,

As far as i worked out, the best place is www.thediceshoponline.com
Or...ebay (from the U.S)

I would advise...

Gamescience d3, d5, d7, d14, d16 (gem look good)
Koplow d24 and d30 (or maybe d14 and d16 too if on a tight budget) Giant pink d30!

If needed...Use your current (if you have some) set of Poly Dice (d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d20)
(i have two sets of 'Classic' from Q Workshop in Black & White, White & Black which go well)

I would suggest getting the 'funky' dice each in different colours so they are easy to grab for at the table...yellow for the d3, purple for our d5 etc. If possible then have your normal poly dice like I said above in black & white to make the new dice really stand out.

To colour in the Gamescience dice... Either cheap soft crayon or very fine paint pen seem the best options. The paint pen rquires patience and care but gives great results. I only found a fine and not very fine pen so it was tricky but still possible. If using the pen I would go over each die twice for best results. It is also a good idea to wash the dice in a mild detergent before applying as they have a mold coating apparently (i didn't but apparently it helps).

(somewhere on these forums is a thread about funky dice with all this advice and more)

Anyway, that's what I did and I am very happy. Be warned that the Gamescience dice are a bit hit and miss quality wise but the better ones seem to be the ones I advised.

Anyway my battery is at 1% so I had best leave it there.

Enjoy, hope that helps :D
Playing since about 1980
Latest games: DCC RPG of course!
Quote I like: "I am on a computer therfore I am" (Alan Plater)

Return to “DCC RPG General”