Adventure/Campaign ideas for DCC RPG

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Adventure/Campaign ideas for DCC RPG

Post by Karaptis »

I figure I would start this thread as suggested on another topic.
My request for Goodman games would be an adventure like the Conan story "Tower of the Elephant".
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Adventure/Campaign ideas for DCC RPG

Post by Karaptis »

My players and ,as a result, their respective characters are known to be amoral bastards. I find that even the mercs under the best of employees are usually hired to create disorder or carnage against rivals. So I wouldn't mind seeing more adventures for players with fouler dispositions than most.
Caseman
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Game Preserve

Post by Caseman »

How about a quest to learn an advanced fighting technique from a master swordsman?

I imagine that it would involve reaching an isolated locale where the sword-sage had hidden himself from the realms of man. Finding it would, of course be, only half the battle. In order to prove worthy, the warrior would need to perform a series of trials while the rest of the party defended him from the assaults of agents of law or chaos determined to prevent so deadly a technique from falling into the hands of the other side. Finally, a great showdown between the master and the party would involve the very elements of nature as the world itself rebelled against the passing of so great a secret.

Ok. Well, I might just need to design that now.
Sine auctoritate nulla vita.
caveman
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by caveman »

henis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by henis »

Karaptis wrote:I figure I would start this thread as suggested on another topic.
My request for Goodman games would be an adventure like the Conan story "Tower of the Elephant".
Good idea, maybe even one based off of "The Devil in Iron" or a "Rouges in the House" based adventure would be a good one for a party with more "questionable ethics".
Caseman wrote:How about a quest to learn an advanced fighting technique from a master swordsman?

I imagine that it would involve reaching an isolated locale where the sword-sage had hidden himself from the realms of man. Finding it would, of course be, only half the battle. In order to prove worthy, the warrior would need to perform a series of trials while the rest of the party defended him from the assaults of agents of law or chaos determined to prevent so deadly a technique from falling into the hands of the other side. Finally, a great showdown between the master and the party would involve the very elements of nature as the world itself rebelled against the passing of so great a secret.

Ok. Well, I might just need to design that now.
Awesome idea, also awesome pic.
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

You have my thanks!
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Karaptis wrote:I figure I would start this thread as suggested on another topic.
A Conan campaign would be excellent for DCC.

I've also been thinking of running a Lankhmar game (Fafhrd & Grey Mouser) because of its ties to Appendix N.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman

Return to “DCC RPG General”