Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:50 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:56 am
Posts: 22
The current Ebay sale ends today. I hope everyone's been getting them quickly-- I've been trying to get them into the mail the same day if I can. Anything sold before about 2:00 EST should go in the mail today, and then anything that sells tonight will go the next morning morning.

I do like that skull dice bag :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:35 pm 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:46 pm
Posts: 2335
Location: Left Coast, USA
mikepmarkey wrote:
The current Ebay sale ends today...

Got mine today! Great service and came with handy scratch paper for tracking hp, secret notes, etc.! :twisted:

_________________
Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters - Holds the power to play gnomes at will!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

General Yoros, Warrior, Str 13, Agl 8 (10), Stm 17, Per 13, Int 11, Lck 8; Law, HP 39, AC 17, R+2, F+4, W+2, band/shld, warhammer, longsword, longbow, pitchfork

Han Dee, (Weaver) Neutral Thief, Str 10, Agi 13, Stm 11, Per 11, Int 15, Lck 14, AC 13 (Leather), HP 25, Luck Die d6, Backstab 3, Sneak Silently 10, Hide In Shadows 9, Pick Pocket 10, Climb Sheer 10, Pick Lock 9, Find Trap 9, Disable Trap 9, Forge Doc 10, Disguise 3, Read Lang 5, Handle Poison 3, Cast Scroll d14+2, birth augur (Born under the loom) +1 to all skill checks (including thief skills), Banepicks (auto pick lock/disable trap, but lose 1d3 random ability loss, if a 3 then 1 pt is perm)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:58 pm 
Offline
Ill-Fated Peasant

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Washington State
mikepmarkey wrote:

Another +1 for these dice sets. They are a little unevenly-sized as shown in previous pics, but good quality, priced more than fairly, well-packaged, and shipped promptly. Thanks Mike.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:39 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:43 pm
Posts: 16
haiiro wrote:
BoardGameGeek is down or I'd point you there for feedback on CCG Armory, but the short version is: Be very wary of ordering from them. Horror stories far outnumber good experiences and more than outweigh their generally good prices.


I just ordered the limited edition gold foil book from them on their site. They charged me and then let me know it was out of stock and will issue a refund. Not exactly a horror story, but points to problems that support this opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:45 am 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:31 pm
Posts: 100
Location: Austin, TX
beatniktom wrote:
haiiro wrote:
BoardGameGeek is down or I'd point you there for feedback on CCG Armory, but the short version is: Be very wary of ordering from them. Horror stories far outnumber good experiences and more than outweigh their generally good prices.


I just ordered the limited edition gold foil book from them on their site. They charged me and then let me know it was out of stock and will issue a refund. Not exactly a horror story, but points to problems that support this opinion.


Wait to say that until you actually get the refund. Seriously.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:30 pm 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:56 am
Posts: 22
So the Ebay dice listing expired again. A friend of mine used to run a simple website just for selling custom game bits he had made using his laser cutter (formerly at http://www.bgtokens.com/shop), and he suggested I should do the same and not bother with listing a re-listing all the time. So, since he's much more web-savy than I and was offering to help, I figured why not?

So the same dice can be found here:
http://www.genomicgames.com/store/

...and that's all (at least for now). :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:27 pm 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:09 pm
Posts: 45
mikepmarkey wrote:
So the Ebay dice listing expired again. A friend of mine used to run a simple website just for selling custom game bits he had made using his laser cutter (formerly at http://www.bgtokens.com/shop), and he suggested I should do the same and not bother with listing a re-listing all the time. So, since he's much more web-savy than I and was offering to help, I figured why not?

So the same dice can be found here:
http://www.genomicgames.com/store/

...and that's all (at least for now). :lol:


I posted this to a site and someone tried to buy and got an error checking out of the store. I'll point him here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:24 pm 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:26 am
Posts: 45
mikepmarkey wrote:
So the same dice can be found here:
http://www.genomicgames.com/store/


Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a great price, right?
and somehow I trust the symmetrical d5 and d7 better than the ones that have two odd faces (the triangle type d5 and pentagon d7). ((I'm sure they do roll true, but I just can't get over it))


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:07 am 
Offline
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:14 am
Posts: 469
Location: Cube Farm of Alien Geometry
Out of stock! I really wish Goodman games would sell a set, preferably like this one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:11 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:56 am
Posts: 22
Oh my... I'll try to get some more but it might take a couple weeks. As to price, I just wanted to save people the trouble of trying to locate "odd" dice. Thanks for patience with the site-- my "webmaster" is visiting family in Africa and I'm doing my best....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:17 am 
Offline
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:14 am
Posts: 469
Location: Cube Farm of Alien Geometry
mikepmarkey wrote:
Oh my... I'll try to get some more but it might take a couple weeks. As to price, I just wanted to save people the trouble of trying to locate "odd" dice. Thanks for patience with the site-- my "webmaster" is visiting family in Africa and I'm doing my best....


I do have one of your sets. This is my desired dice shapes. I wish we had smaller sizes and more color choices though!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:25 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:56 am
Posts: 22
cthulhudarren wrote:
I do have one of your sets. This is my desired dice shapes. I wish we had smaller sizes and more color choices though!


Will continue to check on that. I know there's other colors for some shapes, but not others-- particularly the d7/d14.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:31 pm 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:56 am
Posts: 22
OK, got some more up and added different different colors where I could get them.
http://www.genomicgames.com/store/c/1/dice


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:15 am
Posts: 2
I don't see a way to add the set to your shopping cart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:15 am
Posts: 2
mikepmarkey wrote:
OK, got some more up and added different different colors where I could get them.
http://www.genomicgames.com/store/c/1/dice

I don't see a way to add these to the shopping cart.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:29 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:56 am
Posts: 22
trigertas wrote:
mikepmarkey wrote:
OK, got some more up and added different different colors where I could get them.
http://www.genomicgames.com/store/c/1/dice

I don't see a way to add these to the shopping cart.


Dagnabit.... OK fixed. :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:25 am 
Offline
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:14 am
Posts: 469
Location: Cube Farm of Alien Geometry
mikepmarkey wrote:
OK, got some more up and added different different colors where I could get them.
http://www.genomicgames.com/store/c/1/dice



Nice!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:12 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Frozen Northern Ohio
Anybody ever considered using Gamescience's d-Total?

Image

http://www.gamescience.com/newproducts

All of your DCC dice on one cueball-sized, illegible sphere! (And I say this as an actual owner of one.)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:22 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:56 am
Posts: 22
sniderman wrote:
Anybody ever considered using Gamescience's d-Total?

Image

http://www.gamescience.com/newproducts

All of your DCC dice on one cueball-sized, illegible sphere! (And I say this as an actual owner of one.)


:lol: I had the same impression of those. It may be illegible and hollow, but it sure is indecipherable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:46 pm
Posts: 2335
Location: Left Coast, USA
sniderman wrote:
Anybody ever considered using Gamescience's d-Total?

Image

http://www.gamescience.com/newproducts

All of your DCC dice on one cueball-sized, illegible sphere! (And I say this as an actual owner of one.)

I would totally get and use one of those -- but my enigma machine broke down...

_________________
Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters - Holds the power to play gnomes at will!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

General Yoros, Warrior, Str 13, Agl 8 (10), Stm 17, Per 13, Int 11, Lck 8; Law, HP 39, AC 17, R+2, F+4, W+2, band/shld, warhammer, longsword, longbow, pitchfork

Han Dee, (Weaver) Neutral Thief, Str 10, Agi 13, Stm 11, Per 11, Int 15, Lck 14, AC 13 (Leather), HP 25, Luck Die d6, Backstab 3, Sneak Silently 10, Hide In Shadows 9, Pick Pocket 10, Climb Sheer 10, Pick Lock 9, Find Trap 9, Disable Trap 9, Forge Doc 10, Disguise 3, Read Lang 5, Handle Poison 3, Cast Scroll d14+2, birth augur (Born under the loom) +1 to all skill checks (including thief skills), Banepicks (auto pick lock/disable trap, but lose 1d3 random ability loss, if a 3 then 1 pt is perm)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:33 pm 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:13 pm
Posts: 22
Location: New Jersey, US
mikepmarkey wrote:
trigertas wrote:
mikepmarkey wrote:
OK, got some more up and added different different colors where I could get them.
http://www.genomicgames.com/store/c/1/dice

I don't see a way to add these to the shopping cart.


Dagnabit.... OK fixed. :oops:


Thank you, you sir, are a hero. I'm actually excited to never use anything but a d8, d10, and d12 again as per an earlier post but I don't expect my players to use m4th and still have fun, and I also am super excited about the huge d7 and d14!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:59 pm 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:13 pm
Posts: 22
Location: New Jersey, US
finarvyn wrote:
Someone pointed out that you can even play DCC with only 3 dice total: d8, d10, and d12. :shock:
d3 = d12 divided by four
d4 = d8 divided by two -or- d12 divided by three
d5 = d10 divided by two
d6 = d12 divided by two
d7 = d8 re-roll 8's
d8 = standard
d10 = standard (I'm old and remember when it wasn't)
d12 = standard

d14 = same as d7 but with a control die (high is +7)
d16 = d8 with an control die (high is +8)
d20 = d10 with a control die (high is +10)
d24 = d12 with a control die (high is +12)
d30 = d10 with a control die (middle is +10, high is +20)


Just a bit confused for the d14, d16, d20, d24, d30 - what is meant by "control die" and the parts about "high is +X"?

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:14 pm 
Offline
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:36 am
Posts: 525
modemaus wrote:
Just a bit confused for the d14, d16, d20, d24, d30 - what is meant by "control die" and the parts about "high is +X"?

Thanks!

Since the 3 dice is all dice thing was my little pet project, allow me to explain:

Control die refers to using a 2nd die of any type - in the case of a d14 you would be rolling a d8, re-rolling any 8s until they aren't 8, and rolling a 2nd die of any type... if that die rolls low, then 1-7 on the d8 refer to 1-7, if that die rolls high, you add 7 to the result showing on the d8 (so 1 is 8 and 7 is 14).

The "high is +X" parts simply refer to that process in shorthand.

If you have any further question about how you can use nothing more than 1d8, 1d10, and 1d12 with a little creativity to represent every die in DCC's dice chain - I'd be glad to answer, even repeat and rephrase answers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:56 pm 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:13 pm
Posts: 22
Location: New Jersey, US
TheNobleDrake wrote:
Control die refers to using a 2nd die of any type - in the case of a d14 you would be rolling a d8, re-rolling any 8s until they aren't 8, and rolling a 2nd die of any type... if that die rolls low, then 1-7 on the d8 refer to 1-7, if that die rolls high, you add 7 to the result showing on the d8 (so 1 is 8 and 7 is 14).

The "high is +X" parts simply refer to that process in shorthand.

If you have any further question about how you can use nothing more than 1d8, 1d10, and 1d12 with a little creativity to represent every die in DCC's dice chain - I'd be glad to answer, even repeat and rephrase answers.


Got it! I think it was unclear about whether the "8 is high" applied to the control die or the primary die, and also unclear about what kind of die to use as control die. Would be great if instead use a d2 (6-sided with 3 labels of 1, 3 labels of 2) as the control die this way you could just multiply primary die by control die. But then you increase the amount of die you have to use to 4 though, so, maybe not =)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zocchi Dice Buyer's Guide
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:59 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:46 pm
Posts: 2335
Location: Left Coast, USA
modemaus wrote:
Got it! I think it was unclear about whether the "8 is high" applied to the control die or the primary die, and also unclear about what kind of die to use as control die. Would be great if instead use a d2 (6-sided with 3 labels of 1, 3 labels of 2) as the control die this way you could just multiply primary die by control die. But then you increase the amount of die you have to use to 4 though, so, maybe not =)

Ah, yes, but multiplying is not how it works. To wit:

2x1=2
2x2=4
2x3=6
etc

So your suggested multiplying, with a d8 would give a range of results like: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7, 8, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16. (Might be useful for something, I suppose.)

...instead of...
high control die result (with a d8 as the base die)
1=9 (8+1)
2=10 (8+2)
3=11 (8+3)
etc

The control die and base die together are giving you a linear range of 1 to (double the base die's maximum result).


And control dice aren't limited to doubling the range of the base die -- percentiles are essentially a control die situation. You can also do things like generating a range of 1-48 with a d12 and a control die of a d4... There's LOTS thats yous cans dos...!

_________________
Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters - Holds the power to play gnomes at will!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

General Yoros, Warrior, Str 13, Agl 8 (10), Stm 17, Per 13, Int 11, Lck 8; Law, HP 39, AC 17, R+2, F+4, W+2, band/shld, warhammer, longsword, longbow, pitchfork

Han Dee, (Weaver) Neutral Thief, Str 10, Agi 13, Stm 11, Per 11, Int 15, Lck 14, AC 13 (Leather), HP 25, Luck Die d6, Backstab 3, Sneak Silently 10, Hide In Shadows 9, Pick Pocket 10, Climb Sheer 10, Pick Lock 9, Find Trap 9, Disable Trap 9, Forge Doc 10, Disguise 3, Read Lang 5, Handle Poison 3, Cast Scroll d14+2, birth augur (Born under the loom) +1 to all skill checks (including thief skills), Banepicks (auto pick lock/disable trap, but lose 1d3 random ability loss, if a 3 then 1 pt is perm)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group