Will Doug's cover art be in the limited edition hardcover?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

haiiro
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Will Doug's cover art be in the limited edition hardcover?

Post by haiiro »

This may be the first time I've had a chance to buy a limited edition version of an RPG and found myself gun-shy because I like the non-limited edition cover art so much. I think the limited edition cover is awesome as well, but I'd hate to give up Doug's mysterious, thought-provoking cover art.

Is there any chance that the front and back covers of the non-limited edition might be reproduced, in color, in the limited edition? Perhaps as endpapers?

(And yes, I know I could just buy them both. I'm considering it. :wink: I've also asked Doug if he sells prints of the cover art.)
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: Will Doug's cover art be in the limited edition hardcove

Post by finarvyn »

I'm in the same boat. While I like the limited edition black & gold cover, I really like the original one. I'm not sure if I want to switch or just buy two... :?
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Machpants
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Machpants »

I brought both, $4 shipping just impossible to resist!
LAST OF THE F3W
Gloria Finis
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

The correct answer is, "buy both." :)

Seriously though, the book already has color endsheets (front endsheets by Doug, back endsheets by Peter Mullen), so that opportunity is taken. There will be a B/W reproduction of the color covers, in the back of the book's main text, but the gold foil edition otherwise does not have the color covers included.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Pilgrim
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Pilgrim »

I plan on picking up an original cover hard copy of the book sometime this summer. I figure the limited hard copy will be nice to read through and I can use the PDF on my iPad for running games to start. But eventually I'll be getting second copy once I've snagged all or the majority of the modules.
"Not all those who wander are lost." ~ JRR Tolkien
haiiro
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by haiiro »

goodmangames wrote:Seriously though, the book already has color endsheets (front endsheets by Doug, back endsheets by Peter Mullen), so that opportunity is taken. There will be a B/W reproduction of the color covers, in the back of the book's main text, but the gold foil edition otherwise does not have the color covers included.
Thank you! I didn't realize color endpapers were already part of the package (and that sounds fantastic). I'll weigh my options now. :)

Return to “DCC RPG General”