Resources, modules & books for use with DCC?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Flexi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Resources, modules & books for use with DCC?

Post by Flexi »

Recently purchased and am very much enjoying DCC with the modules, Sailors on the Starless Sea and Doom of the Savage Kings. People of the Pit is on its way.

I have got The Extraordinary Book of Names which is recommended in the DCC rulebook plus the other Gygaxian books, the Rules Compendium and assorted 1st ed & 2nd ed AD&D books.

Are there any books/modules anyone can recommend that they find to be an invaluable resource or that goes very well with DCC?
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Resources, modules & books for use with DCC?

Post by TheNobleDrake »

The only other books that I actually use, and mostly just as idea farms, is the entire library of source books for the Call of Cthulhu RPG by Chaosium.

All the (outer) Gods and Patrons I need, plus ideas for truly terrific monsters and magical items ripe with mystery and danger.

There is also the Random Esoteric Creature Generator which, while I do not use personally (not yet at least) many people recommend.
Tush Hog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Tush Hog »

Vornheim the Complete City Kit is great.

I'll second (or third since the book recommends it as well) the Random Esoteric Creature Generator.
Aplus
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Aplus »

The Miscellaneum of Cinder is a good one

http://ocp.no-ip.org/document.php?id=6
Check out my DCC Resources Page for cool stuff!
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Dungeon Alphabet, Random Esoteric Creature Generator, various Judges Guild supplements.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Colin

Post by Colin »

* Crawl! - The DCC Fanzine (a real no-brainer getting this! It's awesome and as cheap as many smaller pdfs for something printed and delivered to you!)
* TOAD (Tome of Adventure Design)
* Dungeon Alphabet
* Random Esoteric Creature Generator
* Masks
* Eureka
* Ultimate Toolbox
* Points of Light I + Blackmarsh

Plus a lot of really cool free system-neutral resources I linked in the Resources thread and anything in my extended OSR library (LL + AEC, various modules for LL and S&W including Demonspore, Spire of Iron and Crystal, Barrowmaze, Stonehell, Red Tide, Realms of Crawling Chaos, etc. as well as ACKS), and some older materials (such as JG's Unknown Gods, old Dragon and White Dwarf mags, etc.). Finally, some older Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay books are proving inspirational as well.

Colin
hawkwind
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by hawkwind »

am converting Master Dungeons M1:Dragora's Dungeon to use with GCC Rpg- it has intelligent apes living in a lost undeground city, sound pretty much appendix N material.

the follow up module Master Dungeons M2:Curse of the Kingspire looks ripe for conversion as well
Flexi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Flexi »

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Have already got TOAD, Ultimate Toolbox and Points of Light. They are great resources.
Already have my eye on the RECG, Vornheim, Red Tide and ACK. I will definitely look towards buying them.

Thanks Aplus for suggesting Micellaneuum of Cinder and Colin for the suggestions of Crawl fanzine & for all the suggestions of the modules to check out.
Black Dougal
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Total Escape Games, Broomfield CO

Post by Black Dougal »

Take a look at some of the DCC modules which were released for 3.x (#0 through #52). Some of them (or at least the interesting monsters in them) should be quite usable with DCC RPG.

I have also heard good things about Barrowmaze (http://www.rpgnow.com/product/98978/Barrowmaze).

There was a discussion of classic D&D modules earlier (http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 60&t=25091).

You also might take a look at some of the stuff which has been published for Labyrinth Lord, Swords & Wizardry, and OSRIC.

Oh, and speaking of Swords & Wizardry there is The Tome of Horrors Complete (http://www.talesofthefroggod.com/tome-of-horrors.html).
"The Black Dougal" (formerly known as dkeester) -- DCCRPG Fan Boy since 2010
DCCRPG PC Death Toll: 25

DCCRPG Playtests: Tacticon 2010, GenghisCon 2011, Tacticon 2011, GenghisCon 2012
Member: The DCC Expendables (Denver, CO)

Doug may very well hold the dubious title of “most DCC RPG PCs lost during the course of convention play.”
--Harley Stroh
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I am using Barrowmaze for a DCC RPG pbp.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Perhaps it is too obvious to mention, but the AD&D DMG is invaluable. (I was checking it out just the other day ... and there are 20 mental illnesses listed. 1d20 for madness, anyone?)
hawkwind wrote:am converting Master Dungeons M1:Dragora's Dungeon to use with GCC Rpg- it has intelligent apes living in a lost undeground city, sound pretty much appendix N material.

the follow up module Master Dungeons M2:Curse of the Kingspire looks ripe for conversion as well
:twisted: It's pretty cool that you sussed that out. Hints of Appendix N adventures were showing up long before the DCC RPG was announced, and I was intentionally trying to go "deeper" (in this case, R. E. Howard). While the stats will take work, there is some really useful Appendix N style adventure material in both M1 and M2.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.

Return to “DCC RPG General”