Introduction

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

dungeonfish
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Introduction

Post by dungeonfish »

Hi, I'm Clay. Been playing rpgs on and off since about 1985. Mostly AD&D 1e, 2e, 3e with a plethora of others thrown in between. I enjoy playing just about anything, but I always come back to fantasy games and settings.

I've always enjoyed Goodman Games products, so I was happy to see their very own rpg on the game store shelf. I'm reading it now with excitement. I've been looking to find a game the captures the feeling of my early gaming days. I've tried HackMaster, Castles & Crusades, OSRIC, and a few others but haven't quite found the ideal game yet. DCC looks very appealing thus far, though.

Best regards,

Clay
dungeonfish
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: Introduction

Post by finarvyn »

dungeonfish wrote:AD&D 1e, 2e, 3e <snip> HackMaster, Castles & Crusades, OSRIC, and a few others...
Welcome to the boards, Clay! I've played the games you mention and think that they all have their good and bad points, but if you like that "old edition" style (as your list might suggest) certainly DCC should have the right feel for you.

What I end up doing is swiping the best parts from multiple editions and tossing them all together. You can use monsters from C&C or AD&D, for example, in DCC or you can use monsters from DCC in your C&C/AD&D games.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
dungeonfish
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by dungeonfish »

I apologize for the misplacement of this post. I meant to add it in the Introductions thread.
dungeonfish
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Welcome aboard, dungeonfish! I hope you'll find in DCC RPG what you're looking for.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.

Return to “DCC RPG General”