Information on Contributing to the Annuals

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Black Dougal
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Total Escape Games, Broomfield CO

Information on Contributing to the Annuals

Post by Black Dougal »

I think the deserves to be its own separate thread. It is good information for anyone wanting to participate.
Harley Stroh wrote:
onearmspence wrote:Harley it is possible for you to tell us a little bit more about the annuals?

It is open to all?

How we could apply?

What sort of articles will be published on them? (optional rules, class variants, magic, monsters, maps, artwork, one page adventures)?
Sure. As I'm sure everyone is aware of by now, the core rules were created with the express expectation that Judges would adapt, tweak and house rule the game to their own satisfaction. Rather than include pages of potential variants (any one of which might meet the needs only a small group of readers), we opted to provide a solid core that could serve as a foundation for Appendix N style roleplaying.

But there are a lot of good variants out there, some of which have been proposed on these very same forums. And once folks are able to play with the entire rule set, I suspect we are going to see a lot more house rules popping up, especially around multiclassing, new races, etc. We don't want these to be lost, hence the Annuals.

Once we have the core book out, and the deluge of adventures begins to hit stores, we'll be open again for adventure submissions. And at some point (next spring, perhaps?) we’ll specifically put out a call for submissions for the Annual.

This won’t be your only chance to contribute to the DCC RPG. I know Joseph also has plans for a dungeon design competition, and he usually has a couple things up his sleave that I don’t even hear about.

So, short version ...
  • Pitches for new adventures: once the core book is out
  • Pitches for Annual: once announced
  • Dungeon Design competition: soon, but maybe not until the core book hits
//H
"The Black Dougal" (formerly known as dkeester) -- DCCRPG Fan Boy since 2010
DCCRPG PC Death Toll: 25

DCCRPG Playtests: Tacticon 2010, GenghisCon 2011, Tacticon 2011, GenghisCon 2012
Member: The DCC Expendables (Denver, CO)

Doug may very well hold the dubious title of “most DCC RPG PCs lost during the course of convention play.”
--Harley Stroh
Black Dougal
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Information on Contributing to the Annuals

Post by Black Dougal »

It would also be good to know what sort of content is appropriate for the Annuals.

Thanks.

DCCRPG Playtests: Tacticon 2010, GenghisCon 2011, Tacticon 2011, GenghisCon 2012

Doug may very well hold the dubious title of “most DCC RPG PCs lost during the course of convention play.”
--Harley Stroh
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

:) All in good time. Let's get the core rules out the door first.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Galadrin
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Galadrin »

I'd hope they'd be like the Mordheim Annuals. Those were excellent expansions to the game.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

As a bit of a "sneak preview"...if you are interested in writing DCC RPG material, the first topic that is worth considering is adventures. This year's Free RPG Day release will contain an adventure, as usual, but also kick off a fun adventure design contest that will be open to the public. There will be a bit of a twist, which will be divulged in the coming months (as soon as DCC RPG is released), so I would recommend that you think in terms of "interesting and fun encounters" rather than "building the whole map." In a couple months this will all make sense and you may have a head start on a fun project. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Black Dougal
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Black Dougal »

goodmangames wrote:This year's Free RPG Day release will contain an adventure, as usual, but also kick off a fun adventure design contest that will be open to the public. There will be a bit of a twist, which will be divulged in the coming months (as soon as DCC RPG is released), so I would recommend that you think in terms of "interesting and fun encounters" rather than "building the whole map." In a couple months this will all make sense and you may have a head start on a fun project. :)
This sounds really cool. Thanks for the advance information. :)

--Harley Stroh

Return to “DCC RPG General”