PDF Support

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Post Reply
User avatar
Talath
Far-Sighted Wanderer
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:03 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

PDF Support

Post by Talath » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Will there be a PDF of the main book, and if so, will we see it sooner than the print version? Also, do pre-order people get a free PDF (if there is one) or do they have to purchase it separately?

Black Dougal
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:36 pm
FLGS: Total Escape Games, Broomfield CO
Location: Denver, Colorado
Contact:

Re: PDF Support

Post by Black Dougal » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:56 am

Checkout DriveThruRPG. Goodman has a bunch of stuff there, including the Free RPG Day 2011 adventure starter. My guess is that the rulebook and modules will be released there.
"The Black Dougal" (formerly known as dkeester) -- DCCRPG Fan Boy since 2010
DCCRPG PC Death Toll: 25

DCCRPG Playtests: Tacticon 2010, GenghisCon 2011, Tacticon 2011, GenghisCon 2012
Member: The DCC Expendables (Denver, CO)

Doug may very well hold the dubious title of “most DCC RPG PCs lost during the course of convention play.”
--Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 2701
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 12:41 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: PDF Support

Post by goodmangames » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:58 am

Yes, the "other" part of pre-ordering will be early access to the PDF. RPGNow.com has an easy way to allow me to do this. Check the main GG web site in a couple days for a little more detail on the pre-order offer but in short, the moment I send the book to the printer (i.e., everything is completely done and we're just waiting on the physical production), pre-order customers will get a PDF edition to start chewing on while they await the hard copy. As long as the pre-order is placed by April 1, this offer will apply.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

moes1980
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: PDF Support

Post by moes1980 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:46 pm

goodmangames wrote:Yes, the "other" part of pre-ordering will be early access to the PDF. RPGNow.com has an easy way to allow me to do this. Check the main GG web site in a couple days for a little more detail on the pre-order offer but in short, the moment I send the book to the printer (i.e., everything is completely done and we're just waiting on the physical production), pre-order customers will get a PDF edition to start chewing on while they await the hard copy. As long as the pre-order is placed by April 1, this offer will apply.

Does this include pre-orders for the limited edition book? I am guessing it probably does but I thought I would ask to make sure

User avatar
reverenddak
Moderator
Posts: 768
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: PDF Support

Post by reverenddak » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:32 pm

moes1980 wrote:Does this include pre-orders for the limited edition book? I am guessing it probably does but I thought I would ask to make sure
Yes, "This offer is valid with pre-orders of both the regular color-cover version of DCC RPG and the limited edition gold foil cover. "
http://goodman-games.com/dccrpgpreorder ... offer.html
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons

fjw70
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:50 am

Re: PDF Support

Post by fjw70 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:42 am

goodmangames wrote:(i.e., everything is completely done and we're just waiting on the physical production)
Any word when that day will be? :D

I am assuming sometime in March, but didn't know if you could be more specific.

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 1803
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:02 am
Location: On the run.
Contact:

Re: PDF Support

Post by Harley Stroh » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:50 am

As the guy who once accidentally statted out a grab attack for an armless worm, I promise that the only thing worse than sending a book off to print late, is sending one off too early.

Hope to share progress soon!

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.

jmucchiello
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer
Posts: 779
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:28 am

Re: PDF Support

Post by jmucchiello » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Armless, legless knight (AC: 10, hp: 432, Atk: Bite (1d2), Spec Atk: Bleeds on you (no damage, just messy), Spec Atk: Taunt (DC 15 Wis check to not become enraged and attack knight))

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 2701
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 12:41 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: PDF Support

Post by goodmangames » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:02 pm

fjw70 wrote:
goodmangames wrote:(i.e., everything is completely done and we're just waiting on the physical production)
Any word when that day will be? :D

I am assuming sometime in March, but didn't know if you could be more specific.
I'll let you know as soon as I know. :) Literally every day is spent working on DCC RPG right now -- just trying to get everything perfect...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

User avatar
Talath
Far-Sighted Wanderer
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:03 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: PDF Support

Post by Talath » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:45 pm

goodmangames wrote:
fjw70 wrote:
goodmangames wrote:(i.e., everything is completely done and we're just waiting on the physical production)
Any word when that day will be? :D

I am assuming sometime in March, but didn't know if you could be more specific.
I'll let you know as soon as I know. :) Literally every day is spent working on DCC RPG right now -- just trying to get everything perfect...
One day it will be mine, and I will laugh in the faces of those who do not have it, and in my heart I will scorn them.

User avatar
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:23 am
FLGS: The Comics Club
Location: Auburndale, FL

Re: PDF Support

Post by DCCfan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:44 am

Harley Stroh wrote:As the guy who once accidentally statted out a grab attack for an armless worm, I promise that the only thing worse than sending a book off to print late, is sending one off too early.

Hope to share progress soon!

//H
:lol: My personal favorite is the long and very detailed description of a room that for some reason does not include a description of the three monsters that live there. It always makes me laugh when I get to the DM stuff only to find a stat block for a monster that wasn't in the rooms description.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10

User avatar
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 2933
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:41 am

Re: PDF Support

Post by Raven_Crowking » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:14 am

goodmangames wrote:
fjw70 wrote:
goodmangames wrote:(i.e., everything is completely done and we're just waiting on the physical production)
Any word when that day will be? :D

I am assuming sometime in March, but didn't know if you could be more specific.
I'll let you know as soon as I know. :) Literally every day is spent working on DCC RPG right now -- just trying to get everything perfect...
I am keenly interested in getting my grubby little hands on this as well. I pre-ordered this week at Dueling Grounds here in Toronto, where I agreed to run a DCC RPG event on Free RPG Day (Saturday, June 16th, and if you live in the area, this game seems to allow for large parties, and I've agreed to run the event twice [or possibly two separate events] so you should definitely consider coming on out!).

Obviously, the more time I have to digest the full rules before publicly running them, the happier I will be. I am also considering the possibility of writing a 0-lvl funnel adventure for Free RPG Day (as well as running whatever is provided), or a 1st level follow-up to a provided 0-lvl funnel if that is what is provided, that the survivors (+ others who want to try the game) can then take on.

I ran the first FRPGD 0-lvl funnel module for my son and oldest daughter last year, and they made it through with only two deaths (plus dead livestock, which they were lucky to have, and -- despite never having played older D&D -- seemed to understand the potential uses of).

When I ran the same adventure last night for a friend, no one survived beyond Area 3. But, then, none of those characters had livestock that they could sacrifice, and the dice fell differently. :D


RC
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.

Thorynn
Far-Sighted Wanderer
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:33 am
Location: Asheville, NC
Contact:

Re: PDF Support

Post by Thorynn » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:31 am

Will there be PDFs of the modules as well?

Also, if there were a bundle of PDFs the first few DCCRPG modules (say #67-#74 or so) at a discount/bulk price, I would buy that immediately.

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 2701
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 12:41 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: PDF Support

Post by goodmangames » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:29 am

Thorynn wrote:Will there be PDFs of the modules as well?

Also, if there were a bundle of PDFs the first few DCCRPG modules (say #67-#74 or so) at a discount/bulk price, I would buy that immediately.
Yes there will be PDF's available of the modules as well. No plans for a bundle deal.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Post Reply

Return to “DCC RPG General”