Level Limits

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Aplus
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Level Limits

Post by Aplus »

Aluvial wrote:Earlier in this thread there was mentioned a fix to the cleric, or an update to the cleric from the beta. Where can I find that?

Thanks,

Aluvial
In the stickied "resources" thread:
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 91&start=0
Check out my DCC Resources Page for cool stuff!
phg
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by phg »

Aluvial wrote:Earlier in this thread there was mentioned a fix to the cleric, or an update to the cleric from the beta. Where can I find that?

Thanks,

Aluvial
Here's a stickied thread in this forum with many resources, including the cleric update you mentioned.

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 60&t=14791

edit: Doh! I had a cached page and didn't see Aplus's reply... :oops:
Thane
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Thane »

With the cap level set at 10, are the designers going to have an optional rule similar to Pathfinder, wherein you can increase (or decrease I guess) the number of xp needed to increase a level?

For example:

Fighter
......................XP needed
Level.......Low.......Medium........High

I include the 'Low' rate for completion sake.
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". ~ Voltaire
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Aw, you don't need us for optional XP rules. Do what suits your game!

Although, that said, something like this would be a fine addition to one of the annuals.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Harley Stroh wrote:Do what suits your game!
This is, in essence, Rule #0 and Quoted for Truth.
onearmspence
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by onearmspence »

Harley Stroh wrote:Aw, you don't need us for optional XP rules. Do what suits your game!

Although, that said, something like this would be a fine addition to one of the annuals.

//H
Harley it is possible for you to tell us a little bit more about the annuals?

It is open to all?

How we could apply?

What sort of articles will be published on them? (optional rules, class variants, magic, monsters, maps, artwork, one page adventures)?
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

onearmspence wrote:Harley it is possible for you to tell us a little bit more about the annuals?

It is open to all?

How we could apply?

What sort of articles will be published on them? (optional rules, class variants, magic, monsters, maps, artwork, one page adventures)?
Sure. As I'm sure everyone is aware of by now, the core rules were created with the express expectation that Judges would adapt, tweak and house rule the game to their own satisfaction. Rather than include pages of potential variants (any one of which might meet the needs only a small group of readers), we opted to provide a solid core that could serve as a foundation for Appendix N style roleplaying.

But there are a lot of good variants out there, some of which have been proposed on these very same forums. And once folks are able to play with the entire rule set, I suspect we are going to see a lot more house rules popping up, especially around multiclassing, new races, etc. We don't want these to be lost, hence the Annuals.

Once we have the core book out, and the deluge of adventures begins to hit stores, we'll be open again for adventure submissions. And at some point (next spring, perhaps?) we’ll specifically put out a call for submissions for the Annual.

This won’t be your only chance to contribute to the DCC RPG. I know Joseph also has plans for a dungeon design competition, and he usually has a couple things up his sleave that I don’t even hear about.

So, short version ...
  • Pitches for new adventures: once the core book is out
  • Pitches for Annual: once announced
  • Dungeon Design competition: soon, but maybe not until the core book hits
//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Thane
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Thane »

Sounds awesome!
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". ~ Voltaire

Return to “DCC RPG General”