Doug's next cover

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Doug's next cover

Post by goodmangames »

Look what Doug's working on! This cover is for Harley's next module...the one that will be free with pre-orders of DCC RPG. Here's the first sketch and the second pass with shading. The final version will be full color. More details on the pre-order module -- and the cover art -- coming soon. :)

Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Doug's next cover

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Looks good, although it isn't as interesting as some of the other module covers (Sailors on the Starless Sea, Beyond the Black Gate, I'm looking at you). Can't wait to see the final version, I like the way Doug uses colours.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Hey, if this doesn't boost pre-order sales I don't know what will! 8)

Love the artwork. Doug is really talented!
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

Well, hello everyone. I have just joined the forums!

I didn't even know pre-orders were getting a module. This just gets better and better. 5 dollars off, a draw for artwork...and now an adventure. Thanks very much. I was happy with just a cool looking fun game.

I love the artwork. The work in progress pics are terrific. Isn't the internet great!

Really looking forward to this rpg, get some dice and gm screen pre-orders up and you can have some more money from me :D
Playing since about 1980
Latest games: DCC RPG of course!
Quote I like: "I am on a computer therfore I am" (Alan Plater)
Geoffrey
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Geoffrey »

Forgive a possibly stupid question:

Can pre-orders be done only directly through Goodman Games, or can they also be done through Noble Knight (for example)?

I ask because I have some old RPG stuff I plan on sending to Noble Knight for credit, and it would be easiest for me to purchase the DDC RPG with my Noble Knight credit.
Click here to purchase my five AD&D modules.
Each of these modules is self-contained. No other books are required other than the three AD&D rulebooks (or a similar set of rules if you prefer).
Click here to purchase prints of Luigi Castellani's cover art for these modules.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by finarvyn »

I know that Joesph addressed this issue already somewhere. I think he was in favor of folks being able to pre-order through their local game shoppe, but I'm not sure about the logistics of getting freebies. If done through Goodman Games the company has your name, etc, on a list. If done otherwise I just can't see how it will happen unless the freebie is a PDF instead of a print product.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
-- Dave Arneson
-- Joseph Goodman
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Here's Joseph's post, regarding pre-orders outside of Goodman Games:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 547#p51547

For my part, I love Doug's black and white "pre-work." Kovacs art features prominently in the writing cave.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by finarvyn »

Probably redundant, but here's Joseph's reply. (It's at the other end of Harley's link....)
goodmangames wrote:
dunbruha wrote:I've been trying to hold out so I can buy it from my FLGS (they need the sales), but this is making it harder. Any way we can pre-order through a local store?
Yes, any pre-order offer will also be available through brick-and-mortar stores. I always like to make things easy on them. When the final deal is worked out there will be an option to order at our online store, or to download a pre-order form which can be taken to your local retailer.
Marv / Finarvyn

-- Gary Gygax
-- Dave Arneson
-- Joseph Goodman

Return to “DCC RPG General”