Countdown Thread

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Countdown Thread

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

goodmangames wrote:As for the pre-order special offer, anyone who pre-orders will receive a unique module that will not otherwise be available in stores. It's a full module, not just an "insert" - full-color cover, 16 pages, written by Harley with art by Doug and Stefan.
And, I'd just like to say, I've been fortunate enough to get an early glimpse of the aforementioned module to give play-testing feedback (yet another benefit of being a committed DCC RPG 3PP I suppose). And while I haven't had a chance to see the artwork, I will say (without revealing any spoilers) the writing is outstanding! Harley's done a great job creating an very atmospheric adventure with an intriguing new bad-ass monster.

Harley's writing highlights some of the features of DCC RPG which really make it a compelling game: the characters are interacting with some folks of dubious morality--and the characters are put into situations which, depending on how its played might allow them to "dig their own graves" as well. The magic wielders are, of course, dark and dangerous, and the creatures have an originality that have surprised and excited my group.

I'm looking forward to seeing the final maps (which were some of my favorite pieces of the DCC Adventure Starter) and the artwork that will accompany the great writing. It's definitely something worth getting excited about.
fjw70
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by fjw70 »

Harley Stroh wrote:
fjw70 wrote:The real question is what will be released first DCC RPG or 5th edition D&D? :)
Ouch! Well played, sir.

//H
Thank you. :mrgreen:
fjw70
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by fjw70 »

goodmangames wrote:
fjw70 wrote:The real question is what will be released first DCC RPG or 5th edition D&D? :)
Low blow! Low blow!

Just to be safe, we'll jump straight to DCC RPG 5E. All I have to do is change the verbiage on the cover and it will start out as 5E. :)

DCC RPG 5E: coming in April!!
It worked for Hackmaster.
Pilgrim
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Pilgrim »

goodmangames wrote:
Low blow! Low blow!

Just to be safe, we'll jump straight to DCC RPG 5E. All I have to do is change the verbiage on the cover and it will start out as 5E. :)

DCC RPG 5E: coming in April!!
Shoot, why settle for 5th, when you can get the jump on things and one-up-it by skipping 5th and going straight to 6th. :mrgreen:
"Not all those who wander are lost." ~ JRR Tolkien
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Pilgrim wrote: Shoot, why settle for 5th, when you can get the jump on things and one-up-it by skipping 5th and going straight to 6th. :mrgreen:
Dunno, people keep telling me the even numbered editions suck. :wink: Maybe we need to go to 7th to be safe.
ThickSkullAdv wrote:And, I'd just like to say, I've been fortunate enough to get an early glimpse of the aforementioned module to give play-testing feedback (yet another benefit of being a committed DCC RPG 3PP I suppose).
From one author to another, thank you for the kind words, Snake! I just submitted a revision to Joseph last night that should change up the trio of monsters in the middle section for the better.

And yes, Doug's map's for this one are *awesome.*

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

Is there any date on this?
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.

Return to “DCC RPG General”