New to the forums and DCCRPG

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Pilgrim
Far-Sighted Wanderer

New to the forums and DCCRPG

Post by Pilgrim » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:53 am

Hi all,

I picked up a copy of the Free RPG Day module for DCC RPG at Origins, but stuck it up on my shelf with all the other swag I picked up when I returned home. It wasn't until this weekend that I stumbled across it and actually took a look. After visiting the site and getting the beta rules, I have to say that this looks like an amazing iteration of old school gaming. I think it's the first game I've looked at since 2000 that really evoked the same feelings I had back in the 80s when I was playing Basic and Advanced D&D. The artwork, simplicity, rules, race as class, etc., everything strikes all the right chords.

I especially love the 0-level characters and the Funnel method for creating characters, that is simply genius. I'm looking at running the FRPGD module for a couple groups here locally within the next week or two, to see how everything plays out on the table. I was a bit bummed about the move of the release date, but if it makes the game better in the end, then I guess I'll have to wait like everyone else. Really looking forward to the game and modules coming out next year. :)
"Not all those who wander are lost." ~ JRR Tolkien

finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game

Re: New to the forums and DCCRPG

Post by finarvyn » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Welcome to the boards, and I'm glad you like what you've seen about DCC. I've been running the game through the paces since March and my group has had a blast with it so far. 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:27 pm

Thanks and welcome to the boards!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Abchiptop
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Abchiptop » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Make sure you grab the updated thief and cleric pdfs. It'll play fine without them, but they're more balanced now

Pilgrim
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Pilgrim » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:53 am

Abchiptop wrote:Make sure you grab the updated thief and cleric pdfs. It'll play fine without them, but they're more balanced now
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.
"Not all those who wander are lost." ~ JRR Tolkien

Return to “DCC RPG General”