Known Worlds anyone?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

screenmonkey
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Known Worlds anyone?

Post by screenmonkey »

Re: "The known World" p314: "Make your world mysterious by making it small - very small"

This was a moment of gaming satori for me. I don't need a gaming world, I need a portion of that world, maybe 100 miles on a side. Preferably one with a lot of the major geographical features to place a wide variety of adventures in. At the same time, having lots of little details that immerse the PCs and invest the players in the area.

Such things not easy to find, but might be widely useful.

So here's one I found, hopefully others will post theirs. :-)

Kith'takharos
rabindranath72
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Known Worlds anyone?

Post by rabindranath72 »

When I am going to run DCC next, I am using the Basic D&D module B10, Night's Dark Terror. It describes the central part of the Grand Duchy of Karameikos, so it's both setting and campaign information. One of the best D&D modules for every edition of D&D.
Galadrin
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Galadrin »

I love B10, but I haven't got to run it yet! Maybe DCC is a good opportunity though...

I am going with a similar small scale setting. I will be basing it off the world that the Knights of the Dinner Table play in, but we will be starting small and branching off as the adventure takes the knights abroad. I've decided to not use any more maps, so I will just start them out in a little circle (with a miniature ink illustration of the locale in the circle), and then connect lines to later locations as they move on (sort of like a flow chart). If I ever want to add something in between, it would be fairly easy to branch off.
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by TheNobleDrake »

Galadrin wrote:I've decided to not use any more maps, so I will just start them out in a little circle (with a miniature ink illustration of the locale in the circle), and then connect lines to later locations as they move on (sort of like a flow chart). If I ever want to add something in between, it would be fairly easy to branch off.
A marvelous idea! I might just have to do pretty much the same for my campaign... I started with just printing a "blank map" that I intended to fill in as the player's explored, but the very first thing they did was leave the edge of the map at the scale it was drawn by wandering through a desert until they almost died and traveling out the other side.

Just for my own curiosity, are you meaning Garweeze Wurld or Kalamar when you mention the Knights?
Galadrin
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Galadrin »

Hehe, Garweeze Wurld, natch.

Return to “DCC RPG General”