GENCON 2011 and DCC RPG

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

GENCON 2011 and DCC RPG

Post by DCCfan »

I read here on the forum that the DCC RPG will be released in 2011. Will that be at GENCON? I'm still on the fence about going next year and this might tip the scales one way or the other. If yes are you going to run more events than in the past. The tickets always sell out so fast I never get a chance to play in any DCC games.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: GENCON 2011 and DCC RPG

Post by goodmangames »

Nope, DCC RPG is slated for release in November 2011. It's a long ways away. And my family reunion on my mom's side is always right around Gen Con - and next year is the same weekend as Gen Con - so I unfortunately won't be at Gen Con 2011 anyway!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

goodmangames wrote:I unfortunately won't be at Gen Con 2011 anyway!
That's a bummer. I'm also one of those "on the fence" as to whether it's worth going to GenCon or not. DCC RPG might have tipped the scales, but it's only one factor among several.

Darned the Real World (TM), anyway! :P
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
mshensley
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by mshensley »

goodmangames wrote:Nope, DCC RPG is slated for release in November 2011. It's a long ways away. And my family reunion on my mom's side is always right around Gen Con - and next year is the same weekend as Gen Con - so I unfortunately won't be at Gen Con 2011 anyway!
Ugh... I was hoping it was coming much sooner than that. Oh well, at least the complete S&W book is coming out this month.
DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

Oh well, thanks for the fast reply to my question.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

It will be worth the wait, I can assure you. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

goodmangames wrote:It will be worth the wait, I can assure you. :)
Just remember, the Emperor "is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress."

And he doesn't take "I need more men" as a valid excuse! :wink:
DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

I love Darth Vader. He has such a sunny personality and is far more forgiving than the Emporer. :wink:

Tavis
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Tavis »

Fin, I will be at Gen Con and would love to run a playtest for you & all other readers of this board, if that helps tip the scales!
Co-author: Forgotten Heroes: Fist, Fang, and Song and Scythe and Shroud; Heroes' Handbook: Eladrin; and two finished Goodman projects that haven't been announced yet, with others on the drawing board!
DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

Tavis wrote:Fin, I will be at Gen Con and would love to run a playtest for you & all other readers of this board, if that helps tip the scales!
That sounds good to me. I can feel the scales tipping towards Gen Con already. :D

Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

Tavis wrote:Fin, I will be at Gen Con and would love to run a playtest for you & all other readers of this board, if that helps tip the scales!
I'm in..please...
mshensley
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by mshensley »

So, will anyone be running a dcc rpg game at gencon now that the beta is out?
Kruvil
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Kruvil »

I will be at Gen Con on Friday and Saturday. I would love to run DCC beta for up to ten people (well, seven, since I'll have two friends with me). Saturday morning (but not 8 AM, that is just wrong, has to be at least 9 AM) or afternoon is best. Or both!

If you are going to Gen Con and want to play DCC please PM me with times, number of crawlers (players not characters--you'll have gobs of those. To start anyway :twisted: ), and contact info. Again, Saturday before dinner is best. I'll ask if there is somewhere we can game but we can likely just play in the dealer's room as there are normally tables available.

I plan to buy a d34 and a d50 at the Con. Hopefully, I'll have a monster that needs one or both of those (maybe for dmg? :mrgreen: ).

I'll be playtesting DCC beta before Gen Con, so hopefully I'll be able to run an entertaining crawl.

Charlie
scadgrad
Gongfarmer

Post by scadgrad »

New to the board, Howdy!

I'll be at GenCon from Wed through Sunday morning and will probably run at least one session. I should have enough playtesting in by then to have some clue about what I'm doing. Will post back in this thread w/ time & place.
Visit my OSR Blog at: The Savage Sword of Scadgrad
CinderellaManJJ
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by CinderellaManJJ »

Hello all, I'm new to these boards as well and excited about the potential of DCCRPG. I was curious if anyone was planning on running any events at GenCon or if this was going to be more of a series of pick-up games. I'd be interested in sitting it and giving it a whirl. I would have my two sons with me as well, ages 13 & 15. Once folks are ready to lock down dates and times I'd be interested in signing up.
Follow Your Bliss,

JJ

blog, facebook, twitter

Return to “DCC RPG General”