Adventure! What kind will you run for DCC?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Lord Kjeran
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Adventure! What kind will you run for DCC?

Post by Lord Kjeran »

Chello!

I'm thinking a gritty version of Hommlett...maybe starting out in Nulb instead....
"It was an age of dark beliefs and of practises that were no less dark; and witchcraft and sorcery were rampant throughout the land, among all classes."
Clark Ashton Smith, "The Necromantic Tale"
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

finarvyn wrote:Gnomeboy, I've just figured out your alignment. I'm not sure why it wasn't obvious before.... :P
"Stupid Neutral" has come up in the past, when using the (rightfully) little used stupid-clever axis...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Nope. Flat out Evil. :P
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Arawn76
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Arawn76 »

I wouldn't mind having a go at adapting the Falcon Trilogy from Greyhawk or maybe do something with To find a king and its sequel.
The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper"

"Birthright" on the WOTC forums or "Birthright" at The Piazza.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

finarvyn wrote:Nope. Flat out Evil. :P
lol :mrgreen:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
moes1980
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by moes1980 »

finarvyn wrote:Drat. I missed that set because I was still playing OD&D and AD&D and didn't keep up with the newer editions of D&D. Guess I'll have to haunt e-bay for it. :(
Well, if you were full swing into ADnD this product would have seemd odd. The rules are more watered down and uses the "elf is its own class" convention and only had fighter, elf, mage, theif, cleric, halfling, and dwarf so it kind of seemed more like an intro box in its day. But I was kind of young at the time and, though I got to tag along in my older borther's ADnD games, I didn't feel I could handle the rules in those books. But when "DnD Basic came was released in that box set, well, that sounded just fine for me at the age I was during that time. After begging/nagging my parients to buy it for me the finally did. So I got three of my friends togethter, they rolled up a cleric, a theif, and a mage (I still have the sheets) and it is waht I conserder to be the real start of my hobby gaming days.

And though I never really thought it would be possible, it sounds like DCCRPG has got me as excited about adventuring once again in a way I never thought I would again. (note how I switched from "gaming hobby" to adventuring because to me thats what exploring the portal under the stars is really going to feel like when I run it for free RPG day in peroia Illinois. PLAYING AN RPG IS AN ADVENTURE AGAIN! :D

Return to “DCC RPG General”