Castle Whiterock - L10 maps question.

Forum for all things Castle Whiterock!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

raesene
Gongfarmer

Castle Whiterock - L10 maps question.

Post by raesene »

I'm running Castle Whiterock at the moment and the party are just nearing level 10 (18 sessions in so far), and in reading up on it I'm struggling a little with the maps of the area.

The problem I'm running into mainly is working out where the stairs connect to from one level to another. There's two staircases marked on the map in area 17, which I'm assuming go from map 3 to map 2, but I can't see exactly where on map 2 they emerge...

Also I've noticed there's a staircase just to the south of Area 3, and I'm not sure from reading whether that staircase goes up to area 24 (it looks roughly right on the map) or stays on that level (there's a corridor running on the map immediately after it.

Any pointers gratefully received :)
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Re: Castle Whiterock - L10 maps question.

Post by Jengenritz »

I'm checking my original maps, and it looks like the two staircases in 17 lead to the two staircases in 26. One is to the right of 29 and the other to the left of 30.
They should be the only two staircases that lead to that level of the Bleak Theater.

Your first thought is right about the staircase south of area 3. It leads to 24. There is a line at the top of the staircase that "closes" area 3. If the stairs led into area 3, that line wouldn't be there.

All of this assumes that the final map matches my originals, but I'm pretty sure they do.
If not, accept my apology and I'll dig out the module.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: Castle Whiterock - L10 maps question.

Post by finarvyn »

Jengenritz wrote:All of this assumes that the final map matches my originals, but I'm pretty sure they do.
I've got my module right here, and I'll confirm that your details seem to match my map as well.

I'd hate to have map typos. Those are the toughest to fix.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman

Return to “Castle Whiterock”