Placing Castle Whiterock in the Wilderlands

Forum for all things Castle Whiterock!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Trey
Ill-Fated Peasant

Placing Castle Whiterock in the Wilderlands

Post by Trey »

I tried this over on the Dungeon Crawl Classics forum but I'm going to try it over here too. Does anyone have any good suggestions on where to place Castle Whiterock in the Wilderlands. I'd be intersted in ideas for placing with and without Cillamar. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
Trey
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Placing Castle Whiterock in the Wilderlands

Post by Trey »

I'd be intersted in hearing where people placed any other Goodman Games modules in the Wilderlands if anyone is using the Wilderlands.
WereSteve
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by WereSteve »

Not aware of anyone at present using DCCs in the Wilderlands setting ... then again ... there is still an ample supply of old Judges Guild fodder from way back when that has never made it back around into publication during the last attempt to jump start things. Might be a good question to ask on the Acaeum or Necromancer boards as they still have some Judges Guild activity ... at least more than here.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Having been a JG fan since the 1970's (subscription to the Wilderlands from back then...) I have a particular like for the area of the world right around the CSIO. Lots to do there, including Modron, Thunderhold, Tegel Manor, and so on.

I'd put it to the NE of the CSIO, perhaps near Warwick, and not too far from Thunderhold. Gives lots of good adventure material all together. :)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman

Return to “Castle Whiterock”