Castle Whiterock milestone

Forum for all things Castle Whiterock!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Re: Castle Whiterock milestone

Post by Jengenritz »

So long as everyone is having fun, I <3 your cruelty.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Jezza
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Jezza »

Last night my group cleared out most of Carapace Fissure. They found and opened the entrance to the Demonhold, but convinced themselves it was a literal portal to Hell and were too scared to descend. :twisted:
Jezza
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Jezza »

Last week the group had their confrontation with Thane Hrolad Vejik. The Thane was backed up by Gora-Khan and Gunrolz, both of whom had been using hit-and-run tactics against the group for a while now. It was a short but vicious battle, but the Thane managed to escape through the phase door. Gunrolz had destroyed the undead General Koborth so they had no means of tracking him. Gunrolz was slain and Gora-Khan has been made gaseous. Previously he was always able to escape by heading back to his lair via occupied areas which would slow the group down enough for him to escape. I imagine this time they will be able to follow him back to his coffin and stake him which they will no doubt find enormously satisfying as he has been bothering them for the last 6 months or so (real time).
Everyone is now up to 14th level and they've only just finished Level 12.
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

Hobgoblin vampire recurring villain! Gotta love it.
Sounds like you're going to have to scale up the rest of the dungeon if they're already so high level.
Heh...and the Thane got away...
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Jezza
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Jezza »

They may go straight on to the Burning Maze next as they're convinced the Demonhold entry is a portal to Hell, in which case the levels would be right. Depends on how brave they are I guess..
Jezza
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Jezza »

So yesterday they plundered the Wizard's redoubt. Using speak with dead they talked to Pelltar and found out what the Demonhold is, they're planning to go there next.
Marcus the Paladin (of Justicia) is currently wearing mithral full plate +3, he was intrigued by the suit in the attic and tried it on. (In my game we have a houserule that if you're proficient with a weapon or some armour you can figure out the enhancement bonus, but not any other magic abilities, by swining it around a few times or trying it on). So as far as he could tell, this new one was exactly the same - except it had Justicia's symbol on it. So needless to say, he took it...
Jezza
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Jezza »

The groups is now clearing out the Demonhold, it's good to be past all the duergar stuff finally as we all felt a bit bogged down by the end.
The monk was scouting ahead and spied the pitfiend drinking smoking water. He assumed that it was having to drink holy water as some kind of punishment and crept back to the group to report what he'd seen.
'I think this place may be like Tartarus.' said the player.
'You mean it can travel back in time?' asked another. :lol:
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

Heh.

Jezza
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Jezza »

The group has just finished Level 14.
The hour of reckoning draws near...
economicheater
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by economicheater »

Thoroughly exciting read. I will post here if I kill any of the players, though I encourage players to feel that retreat and diplomacy are viable options - they tend not to die much if they understand that. I still level up the monsters by 1 CR if they manage to "defeat" the party by chasing them off or getting the party to agree to a one-sided deal or compromise.

I'd love to hear what the one player's reaction has been to all those deaths! It may be hard to remember how he felt about each individual one, but I'd be curious as to anything you can recall. And maybe at the end you could interview him? Hell, I'd love to interview him myself! I've never seen such a tenacious player.
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

That's a neat idea: interviewing someone who lost so many PCs in CW.

economicheater
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by economicheater »

Maybe if the player is patient / enjoys RP, it could be an interview with each of the dead guys in character, like a question or two, and then a longer interview with the player.
jackdone
Gongfarmer

Post by jackdone »

pursuit of the Party of the gaseous form for use Wind Walk Khan Gora, try to follow the coffin back into a vampire, because they have been for a while 'cause for concern. Unfortunately, the monsters and undead mercenaries to lead them through the shooting range to hit the gas Timmykins fascinate and hold the monster, and then assembled a terrible couple of ferocious rip him to shreds in a gorilla.

Return to “Castle Whiterock”