Castle Whiterock -- Okay, Guys, and drool ...NOW!

Forum for all things Castle Whiterock!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Castle Whiterock -- Okay, Guys, and drool ...NOW!

Post by GnomeBoy »

Had a great time at DunDraCon this weekend. Had really wanted to try the Dungeoneer RPG demos but they happened to conflict with two games run by GM's who I know from past con games. (er, not 'con games', but - aaaah, you know what I mean). Hopefully, the chance to try this first hand will present itself again in the future.

I did manage to score Castle Whiterock for $25 in the dealers room. The only defect leading to that price was that the front of the box was dished in about half an inch, and the lamination was thereby a bit lumpy. Finding the time to run this monster will be a real challenge, but at the very least I can dip into it for short scenarios for a long time to come, if not run a campaign of it.

Like an idiot, I didn't also grab the second copy that was there! (I'm sure someone here still needs a copy. Feel free to curse me to your dying breath.) I realized my mistake about 15 minutes after leaving the dealers room, went back in, and some other lucky gamer had already snapped it up. :(

Also picked up DCC16 and DCC25 for a total purchase price (with CW) of $36. I wept, I laughed, I required resuscitative magic....

Strangely, I didn't play any D&D (nor any sword & sorcery genre) the whole weekend... :?:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

$25 ?!?!?! deal of the century, my friend! way to score!
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team

Return to “Castle Whiterock”