Castle Whiterock....two things....the approach and pages...

Forum for all things Castle Whiterock!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Ghost2020
Ill-Fated Peasant

Castle Whiterock....two things....the approach and pages...

Post by Ghost2020 »

Just got this huge box! GOOD LORD!
It's ...well...huge! Looks fantastic!

OK...one bad thing....some pages are already falling out of the red book. That sucks. A little glue should do the trick though. Any one else have this issue?

The 2nd question...

So how are PCs approaching the ruins for the most part? Any one taking anything beside the path leading up to encounter #1? Anyone going by water?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Glad you like it! If the binding isn't something you can fix on your own, we can work out a replacement of the red book -- send me an email and I will provide details.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Damien the Bloodfeaster
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Damien the Bloodfeaster »

For what it's worth, I haven't had any trouble so far with any of the book bindings.

My group surveyed the site from the far side of the lake for a while, then both times more or less approached area 1 on the path. Though they did use Climb to scale the hill above area 1, toward the tower, to bypass the front doors.

They quickly discarded crossing the lake, since (a) there were no boats lying about, and (b) any approach by boat would certainly be noticed, at least by day.
Author: Mother of All Encounter Tables; Bits of Magicka series
Coauthor: Rappan Athuk Reloaded

Castle Whiterock Kills: [img]http://public.bag_boy.fastmail.fm/dccskull.jpg[/img] x10
davidw
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by davidw »

My red book fell apart after about 10 minutes. I have been VERY careful with the other books as a result, but I'm not very hopeful.

I just cut out all the pages and put them in a 3-ring binder.

I must lament that such a costly product should have such a poor binding.

I don't need a replacement book, although I'd be keen for a pdf....
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

i think it my be unique to your copy. haven't had any trouble with any of my books yet apart from lending them to my roommate. can you make him give me the blue book back?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Warduke wrote:can you make him give me the blue book back?
For a price, I can call a few guys I know...we can make him give you anything you'd like.

(Vinnie, Carmine, bring the...violin cases.)

Pssssst...I wouldn't laugh at Carmine's name to his face. He might be short, but he's got impeccable aim.
Old_Oeridians
Gongfarmer

Pages

Post by Old_Oeridians »

Greetings. I am running Castle Whiterock for my home group. My pages in the red book started falling out the very first session. So far it has not been a big problem since I haven't lost any yet. :)
-Roger
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

D'oh! So far I have only replaced one copy of bad-binding-books, but you may be the second. If you reach a break point in your game and want to trade in for a set of books with solid binding, contact me and I'll arrange for it. Sorry for the hassle!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Re: Castle Whiterock....two things....the approach and pages

Post by DCCfan »

Ghost2020 wrote:Just got this huge box! GOOD LORD!
It's ...well...huge! Looks fantastic!

OK...one bad thing....some pages are already falling out of the red book. That sucks. A little glue should do the trick though. Any one else have this issue?

The 2nd question...

So how are PCs approaching the ruins for the most part? Any one taking anything beside the path leading up to encounter #1? Anyone going by water?
1. I bought mine at GENCON as soon as the vendor hall opened and the red book is fine. My wifes dog even chewed the corner of the black and it is still holding togeather.
2. The group I DM went up to the front door and knocked. They fully expected the monks to let them in.

Return to “Castle Whiterock”