The Many Castle Whiterocks of Space&Time ...

Forum for all things Castle Whiterock!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

The Many Castle Whiterocks of Space&Time ...

Post by CharlieRock »

I know that Castle Whiterock properly resides in the Known Realms (DCC#35). But I was wondering where some other locales on different worlds could be:
Blackmoor?
Morningstar?
Kingdoms of Kalamar?
Erde/Airdhe?
Mystara?
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

this is going to be totally confusing ....

... but i placed whiterock in the kingdom of blackmoor in the world of greyhawk.
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Warduke wrote:this is going to be totally confusing ....

... but i placed whiterock in the kingdom of blackmoor in the world of greyhawk.
LoL :lol:
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

It makes sense to me as long as you used Arnesons Blackmoor rather than the GH version. Well, actually, it works for me even in the GH version.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

the major thing missing is the mountains, but if the land of black ice has creeped down a bit, it can substitute in. (my whiterock is surrounded/encrusted by a creeping black glacier, 1 mile high.)

make the whiterock version a little more dark age and barbaric (which is what i like anyway) and you have a good fit.

the caveat is that i'm just using the old greyhawk box set, dismissing all the greyhawk wars and living greyhaw stuff that has come since.

gygax never really gave us much to work with in his version of blackmoor, so for me, it provides some answers to greyhawk's persistent questions.

the close second was going to be the hold of stonefist. it fits even better, geographically, than blackmoor, but given the choice, pcs would rather explore blackmoor than stonefist. :):):):):)
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Warduke wrote:given the choice, pcs would rather explore blackmoor than stonefist. :):):):):)
I would, too. 8)
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

how about you, rock? where'd you place your monster dungeon?
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Warduke wrote:how about you, rock? where'd you place your monster dungeon?
Right now it is sitting somewhere along the border of Pictland and Cimmeria of REH's Hyboria.
I've adapted a map of the Hyborian Age to a D&D game. All the countires are still there. Just little changes, like the Cult of Set is actually Yuan-ti. Asgaard and Vanaheim have Frost Giants. Brythunia is Elvish. Hyperboria is grey elves. Ophir has a large dwarven community and Koth is ruled by a dwarf. The Picts are gnolls. Many of the Shemite city-states are owned by dwarven satraps (who can spot a gemstone at 500 paces).
We havn't explored much further past those realms. But I have a few ideas that have been on-hold for other realms. Hyrkania and Turan are going to be the "evil" human empire. Rakshasas will hold domain over Vendhya. On and on.

I would really like to start a whole new campaign on a different world when we start Castle Whiterock. This may or may not come to pass. I may be DM but the players pick the game and therefore the campaign world.
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

:shock:

way cool. that's awesome. are you using the conan RPG as well, or "straight" d20?
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Warduke wrote::shock:

way cool. that's awesome. are you using the conan RPG as well, or "straight" d20?
You might not believe this, but I'm using GURPS Conan. It has a TON of info on REH's Hyboria and a really detailed map.
I'm also using a hardback called Conan by Roy Thomas that is massively illustrated as my "players guide".
This campaign is being played as under D&D3 rules. So d20, I guess. :)

I wish I had the Conan RPG. The box set for Messantia (where the heroes of my campaign live) would have made my day. And all the other box sets made my knees quiver. :oops:
Arakor
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Arakor »

CharlieRock wrote:I wish I had the Conan RPG. The box set for Messantia (where the heroes of my campaign live) would have made my day. And all the other box sets made my knees quiver. :oops:
I'm guessing that you didn't pick up the Conan Pocket RPG Book in the DriveThruRPG Thanksgiveaway then ???
Gareth Larter
Secretary & WebTyrant | http://www.phoenixgamesclub.org.uk/
SysAdmin | http://www.deniableresources.co.uk/
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Arakor wrote:
CharlieRock wrote:I wish I had the Conan RPG. The box set for Messantia (where the heroes of my campaign live) would have made my day. And all the other box sets made my knees quiver. :oops:
I'm guessing that you didn't pick up the Conan Pocket RPG Book in the DriveThruRPG Thanksgiveaway then ???
uh ... :shock:
Arakor
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Arakor »

CharlieRock wrote:
Arakor wrote:
I guess not then ... :twisted:

It was given away on Thursday because a friend of mine wanted a copy, and was asking me to download it for him. I told him that if I did, he wouldn't be able to have it because my name would be watermarked all over the file.

So yes, I have my copy sitting on my server ...
Gareth Larter
Secretary & WebTyrant | http://www.phoenixgamesclub.org.uk/
SysAdmin | http://www.deniableresources.co.uk/
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Arakor wrote:
CharlieRock wrote:
Arakor wrote: I'm guessing that you didn't pick up the Conan Pocket RPG Book in the DriveThruRPG Thanksgiveaway then ???
I guess not then ... :twisted:

It was given away on Thursday because a friend of mine wanted a copy, and was asking me to download it for him. I told him that if I did, he wouldn't be able to have it because my name would be watermarked all over the file.

So yes, I have my copy sitting on my server ...
That's my kind of luck there. :?
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

actually it sounds like you are in good shape. your mention of the gurps conan has me scouring ebay for a copy. :) :) :)
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Charlie Rock I advertised that PDF sale in the General froum on th eTLG boards.

Its stuff like that, in the long run, that makes it worth checking boards at least once every day.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Treebore wrote:Charlie Rock I advertised that PDF sale in the General froum on th eTLG boards.

Its stuff like that, in the long run, that makes it worth checking boards at least once every day.
You know, I saw that. I got the Twilight 2000 pdf now. I don't know why. But, it's there. On my computer. Guess I was too late to do the Conan RPG.

Warduke: $50 here
http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetai ... GenreID_E_
$40 here
http://www.amazon.com/GURPS-Conan-Steve ... 1556341482

Edit: whoops ,that made a mess. :oops:

Return to “Castle Whiterock”