CW - Aeraelith question

Forum for all things Castle Whiterock!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Jezza
Wild-Eyed Zealot

CW - Aeraelith question

Post by Jezza »

Is Aeraelith magically compelled to attack anyone who comes within 10 feet of the pipe organ?
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Re: CW - Aeraelith question

Post by Jengenritz »

Jezza, I'm away from my CW box at the moment, but I'll post an answer tonight if no one else does.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

Hey Jezza,

I just read through that section of CW - I didn't get the impression that Aeraelith *needed* to attack anyone who came within 10' of the pipe organ. Aeraelith is going to do its best to convince the party that it needs to be freed. If such convincing means that they party must come within 10', so be it.

However, if the party attacks Aeraelith, he can only reach potential targets within 10' of the pipe organ, because of being bound to the instrument. Aeraelith can't reach targets that are any further away.

Hope this makes sense! (And, Chris or Adrian, if my reading of that section is wrong ... feel free to correct me.)
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Sorry I didn't respond right away (stupid, scheduled-a-week-ago playtest that I had forgotten about!), but The Ferg has the right of it.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....

Return to “Castle Whiterock”